[Hitfilm Express] Clipping something to the edge of the frame without making it fill the frame?

Hi all,

Loving using Hitfilm Express so far! I've played around with a bunch of different video editing software that are out there, and so far, this is one of my favourites -- I think there's a lot that you can do with it at the free level and it's really intuitive!

There's one thing that I've been having trouble figuring out, though. I know that when you want to have your media fill the entire video -- the "frame" -- you use the option of "tranform --> fit to frame", and that ensures there's no extra space on the edges of your video.

What I want to be able to do is have a piece of media floating somewhere on one of the edges, or in a corner, and still not have any extra space in that edge or corner, but not fill the entire frame.

In the last project I did, I tried just eyeballing it and dragging it on the viewer and it actually looked fine to me as I previewed, but then when I exported it, it had extra space. I've attached screenshots of the problem points from that project from the YouTube upload (in dark mode to show contrast) for reference.

Anyone who knows the program a bit better have any solutions?