Hitfilm Express has some export issues how can I fix it?

Josh24
Josh24 Posts: 2 Just Starting Out*
edited November 1 in HitFilm

This started since the latest update of Hitfilm express.

I've always been exporting with the same preset and had no issues with it.

After the recent update I started to have weird export issues, the video has weird artifacts and glitching to them. I first though it was my PC since its fairly old so I tried a different PC that is far more advanced than mine and the result is still the same.

I tried reinstalling it and tried different settings for export and its still coming up the same problem.

Am I not the only one with this issue, yeah?

My Device Specs:

MSI Gaming Laptop

Nvidia GeForce GTX 850M

Driver version 456.55

Processor   Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4720HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz  2.60 GHz

Installed RAM   8.00 GB

System type   64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

The clips that I used for these videos were between 1920 x 1080 60fps also 3440 x 1440 pixels 30fps, all of them were screen recorded from replays in a racing simulator Assetto Corsa.

The final products were to be exported at 1080P YouTube Format 24fps H264.

Screenshots of the final products that were exported.

Best Answers

• Stargazer54
    Stargazer54 Posts: 3,431 Ambassador
    edited November 1 Accepted Answer

@Josh24 Thank you for posting your specs, etc. I also edited my comment so as to remove confusion over the timing of my response.

• Stargazer54
    Stargazer54 Posts: 3,431 Ambassador
    Accepted Answer

@Josh24 Which operating system? I assume Win 10. Just remember Win 11 is not yet supported for HF.

Looking at the details of your footage, I am not surprised that you are seeing issues. Looks like you are trying to mix 60 fps with 30 fps and then trying to render out 24 fps. That is probably confusing things. I would recommend transcoding your source footage to be the same frame rate.

Also, if your original footage is Variable Frame Rate that can cause issues, too. When transcoding make sure you write it out as Constant Frame Rate.

The best approach would be to transcode the 60 fps clip to 30 fps. You really can't go the other way with 30 fps and transcode that to 60 fps because there is only half the frame data available.

With both clips at 30 fps, I would further recommend that your render out at 30 fps unless there is a compelling reason to have it at 24 fps.

So my best guess is, if you have VFR and differing frame rates then that could be the cause. Also, make sure your drivers are updated, especially the GPU from NVidia. Microsoft updates have a nasty feature of downgrading your drivers.

Answers

• Josh24
    Josh24 Posts: 2 Just Starting Out*

Information has been updated, @Stargazer54

The videos were sourced from screen recordings sent to me via Google Drive, I also done some screen recording myself using the Nvidia GeForce Experience app.

I hope the additional information I've put in helps.