I get black bars on the side when exporting from hitfilm express

limitless_l3gend
limitless_l3gend Posts: 3 Just Starting Out

I tried changing aspect ratio but it did not work and the black bars only show up after exporting and not during editing. i do have a 1440p monitor if thats got to do anything with it.

Hope someone can help :)

Comments

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,279 Power User

What are the pixel dimensions of your project file and source videos? I assume your monitor is 1440x1080.

• limitless_l3gend
    How do i check the pixel dimensions? and yes my monitor is 1440x1080.
  • limitless_l3gend
    well the source of my image is 1920 x 1212 and so is the project file if thats what you meant
  • Stargazer54
    Stargazer54 Posts: 3,890 Ambassador

@limitless_l3gend If your source video resolution and project settings resolution (pixel dimensions) match up, then it might be the Render Preset causing the issue. The resolution of the render preset should match the project settings.

But if you really need to render at 1920 x 1212 then you'll need to create a custom preset. You can do this by selecting a pre-made preset, right click and duplicate. Then rename the duplicate, right click to edit and change the resolution. Use the new preset to render with.

All that said, 1920 x 1212 is a non-standard format. So you might be better served by setting your project settings to 1920 x 1080 and scaling the source video to fill the frame inside HF and then render with one of the 1920 x 1280 presets.