App and OS are buffering when viewing a Layer in a Composite Shot.

corazonconrazon
corazonconrazon Posts: 1 Just Starting Out

CPU : 2.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5

GPU: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655 1536 MB

Operating System: macOS Catalina 10.15.7

Total RAM: 8 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Hello I am new to HitFilm Express. I am coming from Apple Motion for reference. I purchased the $40 USD bundle of HitFilm Express as I want to create audio visual effects for myself and for clients. I have also been taking the course by Jay Jaynes on Udemy to master this really cool piece of software! Highly recommended to all beginner and intermediate users (especially now as it is on sale)!

I started fooling around with the compositing window and composite shots in general. I am trying to create a simple audio visualizer right now and then move onto more advanced ones in the future.

1) I used the Audio Spectrum effect on top of a transparent plane layer

2) added a Polar Warp effect plus a .WAV file as the input audio source

I am not sure if replicators in HitFilm are the same as in Apple Motion, I assume they are based off of the same principle or code. Maybe there is a birthrate problem or too much replication going on if that makes any sense to you all?

My computer OS is buffering, not just the app. I am not sure what went wrong. It might be the GPU and CPU that is failing me, but Apple Motion seems to run fairly smooth on my OS, granted Apple Motion is optimized for macOS, but still, I am wondering if this can be solved without having to purchase a new computer.

I tried to lower the Resolution to 1/2 and quality to Draft, that hasn't helped the buffering. I also tried to right click the composite shot and Pre-Render, but that didn't seem to work. It said that 'the pre-render was in the queue.' How to get it out of the queue is beyond my expertise as of right now.

⚠️Important⚠️I recently noticed that when I am viewing the layer of the transparent background, that is when the computer starts to lag. Keep in mind that this layer is the foundation for everything else. So that might make sense.

Also what happened with the RAM preview button (gear icon)? Was it moved somewhere else? How do I access it? It used to be located next to the play button under the Viewer window.

Thank you all for your time.

Lorenzo