How do I increase the size of this video

fxhomer26293
fxhomer26293 Posts: 3 Just Starting Out

HI

Please someone help me, I have finished this 10 second advert but now when its loaded onto this advertising screen its showing in a tiny format, how can I fix this. this is my first time using hitfilm so I really am stuggling. Its just a combination of imported .bmp images and text done with hitfilm.

Best Answers

Answers

• Stargazer54
    Stargazer54 Posts: 3,431 Ambassador

@fxhomer26293 What is the resolution of the screen device you are wanting to playback on? Whatever that device is it looks proprietary (i.e. I doubt anyone on the forum will know much about it). You may have to check with the manufacturer or vendor.

But whatever resolution it is, you will want to set your Project Settings to the same resolution and re-render.

• fxhomer26293
    the screen is 1080 x 1920, which I have in the project setting, I'm so confused, could it be to do with images I have imported. Although I made sure those are also 1080*1920
  • Stargazer54
    Stargazer54 Posts: 3,431 Ambassador

@TheBenNorris Check the image of the display device at the top of the thread. It looks like a vertical screen (like a kiosk), so I would think that the OP is right to set the project to 1080 x 1920 (and rendering at that) for a vertical display.

@fxhomer26293 If your are sure the display device is 1080 x 1920 and your project is 1080 x 1920 and your are rendering out at 1080 x 1920 then it should fit and fill the display screen.

How are you getting your file into the device? Is there some sort of import software you have to go through? That might have a "scale to fit" option.

Is there documentation from the display device vendor about how to import a file? You might have to contact the manufacturer of the device or the vendor for instructions on how best to import to it. Without actually looking at the device, I can only guess as to what is going on with it.

• fxhomer26293
    yes thank you this was exactly the problem! exporting the wrong way around.