Composite shot issue

Cuefy
Cuefy Posts: 7 Just Starting Out*
edited October 28 in HitFilm

Howdy.

After turning a clip into a composite shot, the composite shot preview starts playing from random points in the clip. I cant go to the beginning of the clip at all for some reason as it begins in the middle or sometimes later. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Tagged:

Answers

• DataDesign
    DataDesign Posts: 570 Enthusiast

@Cuefy Please read the posting requirements and follow them. Without this it is very difficult to help. Thanks

• Cuefy

In all due respect. It's kinda crazy for you to expect me to list all those things when just from reading the issue its clear that its a problem with the application, and not any possible problems with my hardware. I may have messed around with some settings inside of hitfilm that I shouldn't have therefore I was hoping someone could help me recognise the problem but I suppose not.

• Cuefy
    [{"insert":"I do believe a video would help quite a bit so I'll be posting one shortly.\n"}]
  • Cuefy
    edited October 28

I'd love to add a video of the issue except the maximum file size is 50mb. If my problem was able to fit into a video 50mb in size it wouldn't even be a problem worth mentioning... But whatever I'll upload a youtube video and add the link.

• Cuefy

I included a youtube video link that describes and demonstrates the problem to the best of my ability. (check the description for a summary of the issue).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1iyoanK81Q

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,070 Ambassador
    edited October 28

Try pre-rendering the Comp.

We ask for the specs data to verify you are above minimum specs for Hitfilm and that your GPU drivers are current. We ask about file formats/MediaInfo reports because your video might be from a strange source and/or VFR, which is known to cause issues. In many cases a transcode of the footage solves the issue.

If your footage is phone or tablet it's VFR and needs transcoding. If it's a screen capture it's probably VFR and needs transcoding.

I don't have the issue you mention, and I assume it's rare. If it is a bug it might relate to a known issue affecting a small subset of issues, in which case answering the questions gives data to the devs trying to debug.

Otherwise, the way your initial question is phrased comes down to "there's a problem" and your speculation is "I must have set the 'make it flicker' flag. We need data.

A small subset of users are having issues with proxies. Going into File>Options>Proxies and disabling them might help.

GPU drivers - you can't trust Windows or your GPU Management software to report driver updates. Check from the manufacturer website.

• Triem23

I've also merged your threads. One per question/issue, please. Multiple threads will fragment the discussion and lead to redundant Q&A.

• Cuefy

It wont even allow me to pre-render. Is there any way to uninstall hitfilm and all of its settings so I can re-download and start fresh? I think its necessary, nothing else I do seems to be working.

• Triem23

You can download Installers of Hitfilm back to 9.0 here

Are you trying to pre render the Comp Shot or the media file in the bin? Starting with 2021.2, I don't think you can Pre-render from a bin. That's been superceded by the new proxies.