HitFilm Express 2021.01 export error: black screen randomly appears instead of video

Wiertekk
Wiertekk Website User Posts: 3 Just Starting Out*

Hi,

(I don't know English well, so the translator helps me :-) ).

Windows 10 Home 21H1

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 4600G with Radeon Graphics 3.70 GHz

GPU: AMD Radeon Graphics

RAM: 32 GB

Drivers are up to date

I have a problem with exporting the movie in HitFilm Express 2021.01.

Example:

The video is 10 minutes long.

The movie has 30 video files.

The movie has effects, music and animations

The project file, video files, animations, and music are all on the same SSD.

Preset: YouTube 1080p HD (framerate: 50)

The movie exports fine until the first minute and then the black screen exports.

The finished movie is OK for the first minute and the rest of the movie is black screen + audio from video files, music and animations (only image from video files is missing).

The error is not related to the length of the movie or the number of files in the project.

The error occurs randomly in the export timeline (not always in the first minute of the video).

Do any of you know how to fix it?

Regards.

Comments

• littlehausbigcity
    littlehausbigcity Website User Posts: 45 Just Starting Out*

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you may need to go with an outboard graphics, meaning something external to your APU (CPU with graphics) and bypass the internal as it may not be enough for HD graphics.

Also, what is the video clip sources? I ask as if from most cameras, they are compressed and likely use a none edit friendly codec and what res are they and your timeline as they need to match up. Is the video constant frame rate or is it variable? No NLE likes variable, best to convert to constant if not constant.

I hope others can chime in and am surprised no one else has as yet.

• Wiertekk
    Video file properties (info from HitFilm):

Video:
    .MP4
    1920x1080
    50 fps
    AVC/H.264 (8-bit 4:2:0 High Profile @ Level 4.2)

Audio:
    Format: 16-bit Stereo
    Sample rate: 48000 Hz
    Codec: AAC

Each video file has the same parameters (resolution, fps, video and audio codecs).
    The number of framerate is constant.

I'm using the HitFilm preset "YouTube 1080p HD". Dimensions: 1920 x 1080. Frame Rate: From Source.

I forgot to write that this problem does not always appear. Sometimes the same movie (unchanged) is exported correctly.

Regards.
  • Stargazer54
    Stargazer54 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,338 Ambassador

@Wiertekk You are bouncing around the bottom on minimum specs to run HF. Contact FXHome support here - https://fxhome.com/support

• Wiertekk

Hi,

https://fxhome.com/support/hitfilm-express

Minimum system requirements

- Windows: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit) - I have it

- Processor: 4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors or AMD equivalent - I have more than that 

- RAM: 4GB (8 GB Recommended) - I have more than that (32 GB)

This computer does not have an external graphics card. Perhaps this is the problem.

Recently, I was working on a computer with weaker parameters (but it had an external graphics card) and there were no problems.

Regards.

• Stargazer54
    Stargazer54 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,338 Ambassador

@Wiertekk Thanks for the additional info, but again, contact Support at the link above.

BTW, this is a user forum. Mods & Ambassadors are users just like you but have been using the software longer - we are not Staff nor do we have any inside information within the development staff.

• littlehausbigcity
    littlehausbigcity Website User Posts: 45 Just Starting Out*
    edited October 13

From what I have gathered, this is middle of the road processor, with graphics, good, yes, and can even do the latest from Premiere Pro fine, but a discrete graphics card is still preferred here. Yes, it's better than Intel Core i5 processors of the same generation but still middle of the road overall.

As Stargazer54 says, best to reach tech support with your specs and go from there.

As to your source footage, I still contend you are working with non edit friendly sources (H.264/AVC and that may well be taxing your system as is.

It's just a guess. Again, go over to support and list your specs and see what they say.

• fxhomer149132
    fxhomer149132 Website User Posts: 9 Just Starting Out*

Same issue, started after latest update.. Haven't changed hardware or anything. Exported 50+ projects prior to update and never had issues, now hitfilm is extremely sluggish and slow so don't blame the hardware..

• Stargazer54

@fxhomer149132 If you have been keeping up with other posts, users with problems using the latest update are encouraged to contact support directly https://fxhome.com/support. Providing them with your specs and details on your issue will help them run these problems to ground.

• fxhomer149132
    fxhomer149132 Website User Posts: 9 Just Starting Out*

Thank you Stargazer, I have contacted the support. Have a great day!