Neon Path Settings

tddavis
tddavis Moderator, Website User Posts: 5,055 Moderator

I have a remedial question, I am sure, but I have not had the occasion to use this effect before and haven't give enough attention to details I have seen discussed. I am editing a photo for my youngest of her daughter on a football field. The school logo is painted/chalked on the field but seriously faded. She wants me to bump the main color and the white outline. The main color was no problem. I drew a freehand mask around the edge of the blue and tweaked it perfectly. I thought I might try the neon path using that same mask to amplify the white, but it wants to set it in the masked area.

TLDR Is there a setting to adjust the position of the path regarding the masked line?

Answers

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,927 Ambassador

No, the Neon Path always directly draws over the defined mask path, but an "Expansion/Contraction" setting to offset the path is a good idea.

You wanna write the feature request, or should I?

• tddavis
    tddavis Moderator, Website User Posts: 5,055 Moderator

@Triem23 It would most likely make a heck of lot more sense if you wrote it. 😂 But rest assured I'll will upvote it vigorously. Okay, then, drawing another mask it is on a separate layer and feather, feather, feather!

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,927 Ambassador

Done. Of course you might have seen the tag before I finished typing this. 😂