How to get rid of the small dot in neon path without closing the mask?

logicalcreativity97
logicalcreativity97 Website User Posts: 4 Just Starting Out*

The small dot is only visible when the mask is not closed. I want to animate a line with neon path which does not require to close the mask. I tried putting set-matte effect to hide the dot and it works, but I want to know if there are any other solutions to fix this.

Answers

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,952 Ambassador

Inside the Neon Path itself a quick keyframe of some combination of Start/End Alpha (opacity) or Start/End Width would do it. Just a quick animation up from a value of 0.

• FilmSensei
    FilmSensei Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,108 Ambassador

@logicalcreativity97 Whenever I keyframe the Neon Path Effect to animate over time, I set the Extension to animate from 0% to 100% and the Evolution to go from 0 to 1x (or 360 degrees) over the same timeframe. So for example, if I want the animation to start at 0 seconds and end at 3 seconds, at 0 seconds I set Extension to 0% and Evolution to 0, then at 3 seconds I set Extension to 100% and Evolution to 1x (or 360 degrees). That solve the flickering dot at the end problem. Try it!

• logicalcreativity97
    logicalcreativity97 Website User Posts: 4 Just Starting Out*

@FilmSensei Thanks! I love your videos by the way. I learned a lot from your videos.

• FilmSensei
    FilmSensei Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,108 Ambassador

@logicalcreativity97 My pleasure, and thank you for the very nice compliment. Good luck on your project!