Transition folders not showing up in my effects menu

juaquinn
juaquinn Posts: 6 Just Starting Out*
I have my effects in a panel and I've gotten transitions pulled up before but other times the folders are nowhere to be found. They show up sometimes in my effects panel, which hasn't moved from the spot I keep it at, and sometimes they don't. What am I doing wrong?

Answers

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,080 Ambassador

Probably nothing. Try uninstalling and reinstalling.

• juaquinn
  • juaquinn
    Hey that worked @Triem23 am I gonna have to do that every time I have an issue with the software?
  • Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,080 Ambassador

Hopefully not, but if things are missing from the Effects/Transition lists uninstall/reinstall is the solution.

In most other cases the first thing to check is GPU drivers!

• juaquinn

Got the same problem again so what do you mean by checking my gpu drivers.

• littlehausbigcity
    littlehausbigcity Posts: 54 Just Starting Out*

What Triem23 is saying your graphics card drivers, go to either Intel, NVIDIA or AMD and get the latest drivers for your particular card. You may need to contact support for your card to get the absolute latest, especially if it's an older model, or a legacy card, like I had to with my NVIDIA card as the support download did not have the latest drivers for my GeForce 610GT card that goes back to at least 2015 and the Customer Support was happy to send me the link to download the latest version of the driver when Hitfilm would not load up.

Had to do the same with Microsoft when my runtime.dll file was missing and originated with Microsoft so they gladly gave me the needed files for Windows 10, and it all had to do with a Windows update I think.

In this case, best to go direct to your card's vendor for the updates as the updates from Microsoft may not be the right ones you need.

• FilmSensei
    FilmSensei Posts: 3,108 Expert

@juaquinn Additional information about keeping your GPU drivers up to date can be found here...