How to Pan and Crop?

suhailabdulrahman
suhailabdulrahman Website User Posts: 4 Just Starting Out

Bring pan and crop tool to hitfilm editor section. So users zoom in and zoom in a clip and keyframe it. And also users can add bars. Users can create Fake camera movements. So movie can be more cinematic. Vegas pro users are taking advantage of this feature.

what your opinion about it. I think its a good idea.....

Answers

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,941 Ambassador

@suhailabdulrahman I've moved your thread out of feature requests to Post Production techniques because Hitfilm already does what you want. Twice.

In Vegas you select a specific Pan/Crop menu. This is pretty convenient, but it's just resizing and repositioning your media.

In Hitfilm you can resize and reposition your media by selecting it on the Timeline and using the Scale and Position properties to manually scale and zoom to reframe.

Or, you can use the existing Crop & Pan tool in the Effects Panel.

• suhailabdulrahman
    suhailabdulrahman Website User Posts: 4 Just Starting Out
    can we use it without creating a composite shot.
  • Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,941 Ambassador
  • ndpproductions
    ndpproductions Website User Posts: 29 Enthusiast

Hello there! Hitfilm Express does include a Crop, Pan and Zoom effect (as Triem23 mentioned above) and I made a tutorial a while back showing how to use the Crap, Pan and Zoom effect:

• Stargazer54
    Stargazer54 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,321 Ambassador

Plus, you can easily do Crop by keframing masks. Pan & Zoom by keframing the Scale and X/Y channels. I find this sometimes easier than using the Crop/Pan & Zoom tool.