Composite Shot can't be edited any more from the editor and has a T symbol

vanny_f
vanny_f Website User Posts: 59 Just Starting Out*

Hi all,

in the Editor of Hitfilm Express one of my composite shots suddenly has a strange T symbol (I did not do this on purpose) and it can't be edited any more meaning when I click on it, Hitfilm Express does not open this composite shot (as opposed to other composite shots). Do you know how I can get rid of this T symbol? I'll appreciate every comment.

Best Answer

• FilmSensei
    FilmSensei Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,108 Ambassador
    Accepted Answer

Doh! You are correct! Even removing all of the Layers in the Composite Shot still leaves it as published on the Editor Timeline.

The only thing that I found that worked was to delete the Composite Shot from the Editor Timeline and then drag it from the Media Bin back into the same place that I just deleted it from. When I drag in the "new" Comp, it comes in without the published symbol.

Answers

• TheBenNorris
    TheBenNorris Staff Administrator, Website User, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,009 Staff

I believe that means it is a template, perhaps you imported one of the templates?

• vanny_f

Thanks TheBenNorris for your answer,

what do you mean by template? It is not really a template, as I created this on my own. It is just an ordinary Composite Shot as the others that I use. Anyways, do you have any idea how I can remove the T symbol such that I can edit this composite shot (that I created) when clicking on it in the editor?

• vanny_f

Any comments to my last comment? I'll highly appreciate any further comment from you.

• TheBenNorris
    TheBenNorris Staff Administrator, Website User, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,009 Staff

@vanny_f I did not see your comment as I was not tagged, sorry for the late reply.

My guess is that you have changed something to convert the comp into a template or similar. I'm not too familiar with this area so your best bet is to talk to support directly, or wait on one of the expert users to assist.

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,952 Ambassador
    edited October 5

Vanny, check this out. This is the tutorial on what Ben is talking about.

Somewhere along the line you've activated some pinning, is my guess. You can convert a Comp to a Published Template without saving it to the menu. Open the Controls for that clip and I bet you find some parameters.

• vanny_f

Thanks Triem23 and TheBenNorris for your answers,

I had a look at the video but unfortunately I still don't know how to solve this problem. I also had a look into the Controls and the properties (see Screenshot) but here I could not find anything that would make the T symbol disappear.

• FilmSensei
    FilmSensei Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,108 Ambassador

@vanny_f Most likely, you have a Layer inside your Composite Shot that is "Published." It will look like this...

Notice the little Pointing Hand Icon. This causes the whole Composite Shot to be "Published."

If that is the case, you can go into the Composite Shot, look for the Layer that is published, and unpublish it by right clicking and selecting from the drop down menu.

• vanny_f

Thanks for your answer FilmSensei,

in fact I found a published layer in the composite shot with the T symbol and I unpublished it. Now there is no finger symbol anymore in this composite shot. However, the problem still remains the same. On the composite shot in the editor there is still the T symbol and you can't click on it.