Reflections disappear during playback

negativezero000
negativezero000 Website User Posts: 2 Just Starting Out*

I am following the tutorial here to create extrusion text among other tips

I am getting along with this ok except that my reflections only show in the viewer when its not playing.

When I start to play the 10s clip the reflections disappear. No matter what frame I stop on the reflections appear. When I hit play they disappear.

I don't think is from me having any rogue keyframes.

Why are my reflections disappearing during play?

Using v2021.1

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,953 Ambassador
    Accepted Answer

At the bottom right of the Viewer Panel is a drop-down menu for Quality settings and Viewer Resolution.

Set your Playback Quality to Final.

• triforcefx
    triforcefx United StatesModerator, Website User Posts: 1,271 Moderator
    Accepted Answer

@negativezero000 Try clicking the drop down in the bottom right corner of the viewer that says “Full”. Go to Playback Quality and select Final. The other options turn off certain effects during playback that are usually heavy on resources (like a reflection), but your project should export fine regardless of what that is set to.

Answers

• negativezero000
    negativezero000 Website User Posts: 2 Just Starting Out*

I kept looking for solutions to do with reflections. Thanks for the quick answers. In a couple of years I will answer some beginner questions myself!

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,953 Ambassador

Hey, when I was new other users helped me out! I approve that you're already looking to the day when you pay it forward! 👍😁