Exporting causes frames to be corrupted.

fxhomer299546
fxhomer299546 Posts: 3 Just Starting Out

When I export a project the export function corrupts frames at various locations. The original clips have no corrupt frames at all. Has anyone else had this problem? And , if so, what was done to resolve this?

Answers

• triforcefx
    triforcefx United StatesPosts: 1,647 Moderator

Make sure you have the latest drivers for your GPU Make sure to get them directly from the manufacturer website, as Windows Update and even the GPU software don't always get you the latest versions. This FAQ shows you exactly what you need to do:

If that doesn't work, please list your system specs so we can help you resolve the issue.

• fxhomer299546
    It helped but is still doing it. I'm working on a HP All-in-one 27-dp0xxx using AMD Ryzen 5 3500U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.10GHz. I installed the latest video drivers and reinstalled HitFilm Express. Thank you for your help.
  • BertoBNF
    BertoBNF Posts: 8 Just Starting Out*
    After I updated to the new version of Hitfilm, whenever I try to export a video I keep getting corrupted frames where things get pixelated or a ghosting effect, always in the exact same spots. The video itself on the timeline doesn't do that and looks normal but after trying to export to different places and different formats I keep getting the same issue. Anyone else experience this? I already updated my GPU. I have a Dell Inspiron 15 7559 with a NVIDIA GEFOURCE GTX 960M. Never had this issue before. I even tried replacing the video clip to see if it helps but the same issue happens.
  • BertoBNF

Okay, so I think I know what may be causing it. It looks like it's the pre-render timeline cache. When I look at the clip in the trimmer it looks normal, I don't see the pixelated frames and when I put the clip in my timeline and play it before the pre-render timeline cache starts, it also plays normally. As soon as the pre-render timeline cache starts and renders the clip, when I play it I see pixilation on the clip again. I turned off the Cache and when I play it the footage looks normal but as soon as I go through and export it, the pixilation comes back in the same spots. Not totally sure how to fix this but at least now I know what it might be related to.

• BertoBNF

Okay, so I think I know what may be causing it. It looks like it's the pre-render timeline cache. When I look at the raw clip it plays normally, in the trimmer it looks normal, I don't see the pixelated frames and when I put the clip in my timeline and play it before the pre-render timeline cache starts, it also plays normally. As soon as the pre-render timeline cache starts and renders the clip, when I play it I see pixilation on the clip again. I turned off the Cache and when I play it the footage looks normal but as soon as I go through and export it, the pixilation comes back in the same spots. Not totally sure how to fix this but at least now I know what it might be related to. I did the same thing they suggested and updated driver for my GPU and it didn't help anything.

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,397 Power User
    edited September 2021

@BertoBNF I merged your thread with this earlier thread with the same issue. That way, when we figure out what's going on we can cover both of you in a single thread.

Incidentally, I'm not having this issue.

Might be worth contacting Support.

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,397 Power User

@fxhomer299546 @BertoBNF

Incidentally, there's yet another thread with a similar issue the users in THAT thread are using the Windows 11 Beta.

Hitfilm does not support Windows 11. If you are, the solution is to roll back to Windows 10.

• BertoBNF

Yeah, me too. It sucks because I had already pretty much finished 2 full videos and made the mistake of saving it with the updated software so I can't open it with the old one now. I'm going to have to re-edit both of them 😓

• three
    three Posts: 6 Just Starting Out*
    edited September 2021
    I've been having a whole heap of problems since the latest upgrade, and most of them can be traced back to this change from RAM Preview to background rendering and cache.

I've just mentioned this on another thread, so please excuse the cross-posting, but I did find a partial sort-of-workaround-ish. If you go into your Project Settings and change the render mode (e.g. between 16 and 32 bit), that change will invalidate the existing cache. That buys you a little time before the background renderer kicks in and starts filling your cache again.

I'm in the middle of an urgent project with a deadline looming, so I'm having to switch render modes every few minutes to keep the project alive. Not great, but it's better than nothing. I don't have any drivers that need updating, and it's not related to a specific Windows version: I'm on a Mac.
  • TheBenNorris
    TheBenNorris Posts: 2,042 Enthusiast

@three there should be a way to disable the automatic timeline caching in File->Options.

• three
    three Posts: 6 Just Starting Out*
    @TheBenNorris Aha, I was just coming back to add that to the thread myself, managed to miss those options earlier. I'm going to try doing that for now, and fiddling with all the other options that have been added in Options->Cache. Thanks Ben.
  • fxhomer86861
    fxhomer86861 Posts: 3 Just Starting Out*

Just to feed the thread. I am getting the same issue with exporting video. Reinstallation didn't solve the problem neither project re-creation from scratch with new version. I created a ticket some minutes ago. I hope the team will be reactive to find a solution.

• WilliamDGRezende
    WilliamDGRezende Posts: 1 Just Starting Out*

One more here with same issue.

I got in 2 situations:

1 - a have imported a video with 40 min, and by the end only in hitfilm got frames corrupted,

2 - everything ok, when i exported by the end in almosto 80%, started to get frames corrupted

• tddavis
    tddavis Posts: 5,255 Expert
    edited September 2021

@dyrocc "Someone with the ability, I think you need a pro license to contact support"

This is not correct, Anyone (Express or Pro) can and are encouraged to contact support at: www.fxhome.com/ask especially concerning these types of errors so they can better find the source of everyone's issue. But I really like your workaround and plan to use that for advice until the issue is fixed.

Be sure to check out this sticky recently post for the information needed to speed up the process of getting support.

• tddavis
    tddavis Posts: 5,255 Expert

@dyrocc I merely copied and provided a link to the post in question. I made no assumptions concerning whether you had read it or not merely providing a service to others that might follow along. Support has been working on issues that have arisen as fast as they can and I am sure they will get it sorted out. Not everyone's system is having the issue and that makes it problematic to track.

• fxhomer299546
    I've modified the Render and Cache as per the previous discussion with no change: exports are getting corrupted. Drivers and HitFilm Express have been re-installed Can someone please fix this? If not, can someone tell me how to roll it back to an earlier version.Thanks.
  • Stargazer54
    Stargazer54 Posts: 3,967 Ambassador
    edited October 2021

@fxhomer299546 Please contact support directly at https://fxhome.com/support

FYI, this is a user forum. So Moderators and Ambassadors are just users and not FXHome staff. Our ability to help only goes so far.