Need help - How to apply exact same repositioning properties to another video clip?

jonasdomkus
jonasdomkus Website User Posts: 7 Just Starting Out*
I"m trying to figure out how to do a specific task with multiple videos.
Lets say have multiple videos with three faces in them, always in the same exact location.
I want to make new videos with those faces in different locations.

My idea so far:
Composite track1, add video1, create mask over face1, move video to desired location
Composite track2, add video1, create mask over face2, move video to desired location
Composite track3, add video1, create mask over face3, move video to desired location

Okay, I can do that, no problem. Got it.

But, now I have video 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, etc... all needing to move the faces to the exact same locations. This is for a projection onto an object type video.

I know how to copy a mask, that's no problem. But, how to I copy the repositioning of each video property to another video? That part is eluding me.

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,935 Ambassador

Select the clip with the position animation you wish to duplicate. Copy it (CRTL+C or right click and select Copy).

Select the clip you wish to copy the animation to. Right click and select "Paste Attributes." This pastes in l effects and animation keyframes from the first clip.

Better yet, et's talk about points and parenting.

Points are layers that hold a single set of transform data - Position, Rotation, Scale.

Parenting is connecting layers together. A "child" layer follows along with whatever the "parent" layer does. A child can have its own animation applied, but this will be relative to the animation inherited from the parent.

Points and parenting are important tools for animation. Points can be parent-chained together to make complex armatures, and many effects filters can be attached to a point layer (like the Hotspot of a lens flare or the control points of a Grid). Multiple layers can be parented together so you can control "sets" of layers with a single point.

So, you've put your faces into a Comp. You'll want to create a point layer, add in your face layer the parent the face to the point.

Animate the POINT.

Now you can copy/paste the point layer and patent new faces to it.

Here's a long, three part series on animation in Hitfilm. Quite thorough, if I do say so myself, and covering just about anything you'd need to know.

• jonasdomkus
    jonasdomkus Website User Posts: 7 Just Starting Out*
    Thank you so much! That's a lot more information than I thought I'd get! I'll try it and see if I can figure all of this out. I follow what you're saying, and it makes sense, I just need to see if I can actually do it.
  • Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,935 Ambassador

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. 👍