I can not close "day in the life window" it just beeps no mater what I try?

fxhomer43439
fxhomer43439 Website User Posts: 7 Just Starting Out

I can't get "day in the life" to close. It just beeps no mater what I try??

Answers

• TheBenNorris
    TheBenNorris Staff Administrator, Website User, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,009 Staff

@fxhomer43439 I'm not sure I follow, what is the "day in the life window"?

• fxhomer43439

It says top right of my screen Day in the Life Example Oroject.hfp

• fxhomer43439
    How can I close "Day in the LIfe Example Project.hfp
  • tddavis
    tddavis Moderator, Website User Posts: 5,060 Moderator

@fxhomer43439 Generally., clicking File/New Project shoukd reset the program to a blank project. I searched and found a video from 2020 with that name but it had no project download with it. I am totally mystified where the project came from. I have never seen Hitfilm Open with project open unless I started it by double clicking a project file. If you could make and share a screen cap it would help tons to understand what's going on. Hope this helps a little.

• fxhomer43439
    I can't do a "screen cap" because I don't know how or I can't get any menus to come up while the Day in the Life thing is on? I can't uninstall, close, or anything when that screen is showing. Tried restarting laptop....looking for a hammer about now! It is a new HP laptop but I am old and probably am missing something basic>. I tried taking pics with my phone of the screen but don't see how to send then. Thanks, Jay
  • fxhomer43439
    I got the Day in the life videos to "play" but cant delete from file menus.
  • tddavis

@fxhomer43439 Sorry, I am just clueless how to help. I have never run across anything remotely similar with Hitfilm. Hopefully, someone else can help you out.

• fxhomer43439
    There used to be a thing called force Quit on some computer I had. It seams like I need to force quit the running Hitfilm and reinstall? My HP won't let me upgrade Hitfilm because it is allready running? But can't stop,delete, clear or any other F**King thing with file menu. Thanks, Jay
  • tddavis

@fxhomer43439 I am not recommending this as I am not a certified technician, merely relaying what I do in similar situations where I have no options. But most computers will shutdown if you hold the power button for about 10 secs or so. This is not a controlled shutdown though and isn't the best method. Sometimes it will trigger boot options when starting back up as well, but if you can't get Windows to respond to get to the Start button (the Flag icon on the left of the toolbar at the bottom) for a proper shutdown you may want to think about it. This is not a tech suggestion though merely personal experience.

• fxhomer43439
    Sounds better than the hammer approach!