Cross dissolve has vanished

Sholali
Sholali Website User Posts: 1 Just Starting Out
edited September 19 in HitFilm

Hi, I'm using Hitfilm Express and have used the cross dissolve transition in the past, but it's vanished as an option. With Pro features it still shows them in the list you just can't select them, has cross dissolve been removed completely??

Answers

• tddavis
    tddavis Moderator, Website User Posts: 5,059 Moderator

@Sholali You will notice I moved your question from the Feature Request section to the help section to insure more views and it better fits the category. I see it in my Pro effects:

If you are referring to the Effects tab at the top of the interface, then, no, it is not there. I forget what the exact reasoning is for not all effects showing there but I do recall reading it once upon a time and it sounded reasonable. Hope this helps you out and you can see it in the Effects list next to the Media Bin like here.

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,935 Ambassador

@tddavis While Transitions are located in Effects Panel, I think they aren't in the Effects drop-down because they technically aren't Effects.

Effects process in order of operations after masks are calculated, before Transforms, (or, for a Grade Layer, Effects calculate between Transforms and Masks), and work in the Editor and Comp timelines. Transitions are processed at a different point in order of operations and actually calculate at the track level AFTER all other processing on a clip - masks, effects and transforms - have been applied.

• tddavis
    tddavis Moderator, Website User Posts: 5,059 Moderator

@Triem23 Yes, that was the reason I couldn't recall. Thanks for clarifying that.

• TheBenNorris
    TheBenNorris Staff Administrator, Website User, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,009 Staff

Transitions do not appear in the menu or popup (and cannot be double-clicked in the panel) because there is no single explicit position they can be applied to, they require a drag to specify whether they are to overlap, start or end on a clip.