HitFilm Express : "Could not encode samples for frame [X] (Error 37)"

crostdaergon
crostdaergon Website User Posts: 1 Just Starting Out
edited September 16 in HitFilm

Hi, I know I'm not the only one who asked this question, but I'm having an issue with HitFilm Express where rendering a video in MP4 is impossible due to the software telling me it could not encode samples for a certain frame.

Here's what the error message says :

"Could not encode samples for frame [X] (Error 37)"

Obviously, I tried changing what was present at whatever frame the software is having a problem with, but it doesn't do anything.

I know of Handbrake, and it is a working solution, except it requires me to put out an uncompressed AVI file first before compressing the video, and a single minute-long video roughly takes up to 16gb of space which is way too much for a small SSD to handle.

I just need a solution to make HitFilm Express directly render a compressed video that I can store without having to do the steps mentioned above, as they require me to always save an unreasonable amount space on my SSD.

One solution I thought of was to install the K-Lite Codec Pack, but I have no idea how to make it work with HitFilm Express. Maybe that would do the trick.

Here are my laptop's specs :

• Model name : Dell Inspiron 3583
  • CPU : Intel Core i5-8265U @ 1.60Ghz (8 cores) ~1.8Ghz
  • Display GPU : Intel UHD Graphics 620 (VRAM : 128mb)
  • Render GPU : Radeon 520 (VRAM : 2gb)
  • RAM : 8gb
  • SSD size : 220gb

I would appreciate it greatly if there was a working solution for this because editing with this software has been very easy and I'd like to keep using it.

Answers