Maybe stop selling a broken Audio Compressor effect?

bradjshannon
bradjshannon Website User Posts: 1

I just paid $10 for an audio compressor effect that is fundamentally broken.

Apparently, the developers know it's broken, and have already fixed it internally?

It would be great if they would release that fix. The comment linked above is from October 2020. Does QA on a bugfix take a full year?

If so, FXhome needs to consider NOT SELLING the broken compressor effect as if it was functional. Because it is not functional. I might be able to trick it into doing what I want, but that is not the same as being functional.

I have a dozen other ways of dealing with my audio issue -- PLEASE don't offer me your suggestions. I assure you, I know how to achieve my goal, and have already done so by the time you read this. My point is, I was happy to pay $10 to get it done inside HFE. Now I'm just angry and confused, and questioning whether I want to continue any relationship with this company and its software.

Comments

• TheBenNorris
    TheBenNorris Staff Administrator, Website User, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,009 Staff

@bradjshannon sorry to hear you're frustrated. Unfortunately, it has been nearly a year since the last release of the software as many unforeseen circumstances have pushed back the release date, but we are keen to get it released as soon as possible.

To avoid yourself or any others encountering this issue in the future, I recommend taking advantage of Express' ability to try effects with a watermark before you buy them, but if you really are unhappy with your purchase then you're more than welcome to contact our support team as you may be within the refund window, or they may be able to help you out.

www.fxhome.com/ask