Ignite Pro has less effects on some PCs in Resolve

CalvinSerrano
CalvinSerrano Website User Posts: 2 Just Starting Out*

I recently got a Surface Book 3 and Installed the same Version of Ignite Pro on it as on my PC. But I noticed that a lot of effects are missing on the surface Book when opening Resolve. How can this be?

Surface Book screenshot;

PC screenshot:

Answers

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,784 Ambassador
    edited September 9

Huh. Can't imagine why that would happen, unless some effects are GPU dependent?

I assume you sprung for a model with one of the Nvidia GPUs? Resolve won't run on the Intel Iris if I remember correctly.

I don't think @TheBenNorris is an Ignite dev, but he's awesome and will pass the question along if need be.

Can you pop in the specs of both machines? Dunno if it's relevant, but it's usually the first question.

• TheBenNorris
    TheBenNorris Staff Administrator, Website User, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,933 Staff

@CalvinSerrano Hey Calvin! Nice to see you on the forum.

@Triem23 I've dabbled in Ignite, but alas I don't know the answer to this.

I'm checking with the big brains that may know the reason for this now. In the meantime, is it potentially an install issue? Perhaps reinstalling might help? Would also be good to confirm that both of the versions are the same.

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,784 Ambassador

@CalvinSerrano You're actually such an FXhome OG legend I'm surprised to see this as your "first" post. You must have let an old account lapse or something?

@TheBenNorris yeah, a few years ago I knew what devs were on what software, and could always tag the best person for a question, but, staff changes, product changes, and you're the most active of the devs on the forum, so, you've become my go-to tag. If it's better for your workday for me to not tag you to pass things on, DM me here and let me know the best persons to ask varied product questions. 👍

• CalvinSerrano
    CalvinSerrano Website User Posts: 2 Just Starting Out*

@Triem23 Haha I created a new account for my company. ^^

@TheBenNorris I reinstalled it multiple times, copy pasted the installed face from the pc to the surface book and updated all drivers. And both versions are the same. I am very confused by this issue.

• TheBenNorris
    TheBenNorris Staff Administrator, Website User, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,933 Staff

@CalvinSerrano unfortunately I think I'm going to have to pass you on to support and hope they can crack down on this issue, it seems we may need more information to try to figure it out.

www.fxhome.com/ask