Changed the walls!!! (re-Edit)

pranav_3x
pranav_3x Website User Posts: 16 Just Starting Out*
edited September 7 in Show off

so, this is a render where I changed the walls of this room using hitfilm express!! :)

FROM THIS-

TO THIS-

Comments

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,824 Ambassador

Very cleanly done. Nice work!

• Andy001z
    Andy001z Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,113 Ambassador

Its good, but the scale of the brick work really throws me off, is it meant to?

• pranav_3x
    pranav_3x Website User Posts: 16 Just Starting Out*

i wanted to scale the brick img more but the img was not so big, so.....

• philipwesson
    philipwesson Staff Administrator, Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 368 Staff

Solid work! Had I not seen the first image, I wouldn't have noticed this was edited (but yes, those are some large bricks!)

• tddavis
    tddavis Moderator, Website User Posts: 5,019 Moderator

@pranav_3x 👍 Yes, definitely more to the scale you'd expect from the doorways. I see you also tweaked a little along the floor where it joins the wall. Good job. It would be sweet if you could somehow with masking and duplicating the bricks recreate the light through the window on the wall.

• Stargazer54
    Stargazer54 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,268 Ambassador
    edited September 7

@pranav_3x That looks much more realistic. Nice composite!

One nit picky note, though. Try not to start a new post separate from the thread you had already started with the same subject mater. Instead, update the original thread.

Many users on the forum have a single thread called "Things I'm working on . . ." for instance, and post updated work (or even new work) there instead of starting a new thread.

You can also change the title of your running thread to help it stand out and refer to new content. Hope that helps.

• Stargazer54
    Stargazer54 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,268 Ambassador

@pranav_3x Hope you don't mind, I have merged the two threads together and updated the subject line to reflect your updated content.

• Gelqone
    Gelqone Website User Posts: 88 Enthusiast
    edited September 7

Smaller brick are way better then the first ones. And i would play with light imitation as tddavis said. And on side walls you should rotate textures a little bit because it slightly mismatch perspective.

• Andy001z
    Andy001z Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,113 Ambassador

Lovely job, if find it hard to tell that this wasn't the original room walls.