Hit Film 15 is not loading up

AshHD
AshHD Website User Posts: 1

hi I just downloaded hitfilm 15 today and registered my license , but the thing is after that happens it never started up and left a blank screen windowed

Specs:

Intel i3 4030U,

Intel graphics HD,

4gb of ram

Answers

• triforcefx
    triforcefx United StatesModerator, Website User Posts: 1,271 Moderator

@AshHD

Your computer is under-spec for the most recent versions of HitFilm. You'll need to rollback to HitFilm 11 or 12.3 to continue.

Understand that even if you do rollback to an older version, your computer is barely within spec for those versions and will likely be quite slow. It is highly recommended for you to upgrade to a new computer when you get the chance. Please feel free to come back here when you are ready to purchase so we can help you make an informed decision.

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,930 Ambassador

As triforce says you are under spec for versions of Hitfilm 13 and up.

Installers for all versions back to 9 can be found here.

• danndjohnson
    danndjohnson Website User Posts: 3 Just Starting Out*

I just downloaded the latest version of Sept 1/21 Hitfilm-4 and getting error message see below.

My window's 10 desktop spec see down below. Will Hitfilm work on this computer? If I need an old version then where to find it and will it still be supported by Hitfilm bcause most old versions aren't useable.

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,930 Ambassador

Your machine is under spec for any version of Hitfilm.

Minimum requirement for Hitfilm require 4GB of RAM, you have 2.

Minimum requirements require an Intel i3 (or equivalent) and current requirements need that CPU to be 2015 or later. Your 2009 Athlon II, at the time, was well under the power of the lowest end i3 of that time.

You have no GPU. Hitfilm requires one.

You cannot expect a 2009 PC to run high powered software from 2021.

Sorry, I know this isn't what you want to hear, but you'll, bottom line, need to purchase a newer and much more powerful machine to run Hitfilm.

• danndjohnson
    danndjohnson Website User Posts: 3 Just Starting Out*

I found an old version for my computer from this link.

https://www.videohelp.com/software/HitFilm/old-versions

• Triem23
    edited September 2

@philipwesson Is the above link "valid?"

@danndjohnson You are under spec for ALL versions of Hitfilm.

• philipwesson
    philipwesson Staff Administrator, Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 382 Staff

@Triem23 Yes, user us 'just starting out*' not 'just starting out'.

Weird, I know, but working as intended

• Triem23

@philipwesson I have been imprecise - I more meant if videohelp is a valid/licensed/legal site for distributing Hitfilm installer builds. Don't want people downloading builds from a sketchy site when the same Installers are available here.

• philipwesson
    philipwesson Staff Administrator, Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 382 Staff

Ah, I misunderstood. thanks for the heads up! My first thought is no, but I'll investigate this.

• boyzjunk
    boyzjunk Website User Posts: 1 Just Starting Out

hi all,

i"ve just installed the hitfilm express on my laptop. when i try to open it am getting the following message.

requesting your help in sorting it out.

thanks.

• tddavis
    tddavis Moderator, Website User Posts: 5,055 Moderator

@boyzjunk OpenCl generally points to an issue with the GPU card or built-in into the CPU. You mention this is a laptop so I assume there is not a dedicated GPU source so the CPU is likely to issue. Can you please list the specs for your laptop (GPU (if any), CPU, OS, RAM to help us narrow down the cause. Also, you may want to make sure your graphic drivers are up-to-date.

• triforcefx
    triforcefx United StatesModerator, Website User Posts: 1,271 Moderator

@boyzjunk this usually means that you either haven’t updated your graphics drivers, or you are under-spec.

What is your OS, CPU, GPU and RAM?

Follow this guide to ensure your GPU is fully up to date (note, you can’t trust Windows update or your GPU software to keep your graphics drivers fully updated):