Hitfilm Express Audio Question

MavHedgehog
MavHedgehog Website User Posts: 2 Just Starting Out*

Hi! Maybe someone can shed some light on my issue,

I've been using Hitfilm Express for some time, but ever since Hitfilm Express version 14 on, I've been having this issue with distorted Audio whenever I output to anything but WAV. It's definitely more noticeable with Chiptune Music and it sounds a bit dicey and tinny in the MP4. The WAV sounds perfectly fine however.

Both Files in the included Zip were Created using Hitfilm Express 2021.1. Outside of outputting two separate files and rejoining them in a separate program, does anyone have any suggestions as to why this is happening or ideas I can try that can fix it?

If not, I guess I'll have to stick with Hitfilm Express 13, which doesn't have this problem... thanks in advance! ^_^

Andrew

Tagged:

Answers

• HSS1982
    HSS1982 Website User Posts: 5 Just Starting Out*

I have been trying to get an answer to this question for a long time. Hopefully you’ll be successful. If not, I may need to revert back to 13 as you’ve stated.

Do you happen to have the link to that?

• tddavis
    tddavis Moderator, Website User Posts: 5,055 Moderator

@HSS1982 This should take to versions dating back to HF 9 or so:

Hope this helps with your issue.

• MavHedgehog
    MavHedgehog Website User Posts: 2 Just Starting Out*
    edited September 30
    @HSS1982 I never really found a definitive answer as to why this is the case, but I think I read somewhere that it had something to do with the Audio Codec licensing. I could never find a true resolution to the issue outside of outputting the audio separately as a WAV file, converting it to AAC and then rejoining it with the main video file.

@tddavis Thank you for the link. I'll continue to use 13.1 for the time being, as this seems to be the latest version without this issue. Thank you!

Edit: Corrected Version Number