Security concern with HitFilm

editedprofile
editedprofile Website User Posts: 2 Just Starting Out

What am I getting this ? I don't considere a program trying to log into my Windows account a normal behavior

Answers

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,935 Ambassador

If you look in the File>Preferences>Activation menu you'll note your license is tied to both the email account used to download the software, and your computer's unique ID number.

I believe when logging in Hitfilm just does a quick check in with the registration server to verify your account and trigger the Update dialog (if needed). That should be it.

This is a user forum - including moderators - so that's about the only guess/explanation I can give, other than referring you to FXhome privacy policy. Coincidentally, I happened to get an update this morning via email update to the privacy policy.

I'll tag in a couple of Staff who should have more insight. @TheBenNorris @philipwesson

• editedprofile
    editedprofile Website User Posts: 2 Just Starting Out
    Thank you for the answer !
    Would you mind please linking me to the updated policy ? I would like to check it.
    Certainly I asume FX is safe to use still I had to ask in case of it being a bug, an accidentally released inside build, etc. But again, thank you for the clarification