[ENHANCEMENT] Adding "do not reimport" option in the voice-over & rename the voice-over.

mabdelbary
mabdelbary Website User Posts: 130 Enthusiast

I suggest to have the option not to reimport the voice over into HitFilm.

Also, the ability to rename the voice-over before exporting it would be useful to avoid confusion with the exported files.

Thanks!!

Comments

• TheBenNorris
    TheBenNorris Staff Administrator, Website User, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,005 Staff

Could you clarify what you mean by "not to reimport the voice over"? Do you mean to not import it back into the media panel and timeline?

• mabdelbary

@TheBenNorris Exactly!

Because when it reimports it to the project, I can't change the destination of the recorded audio file, if I want to do so, I will have to remove it from the project to rename it and change the file location. Therefore, it is easier to have this option to give more flexibility.

Thanks!!

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,926 Ambassador

@mabdelbary I do note in Preferences you can change the folder the VO is recorded to.

• mabdelbary

@Triem23 Yes I know, but when you do the voice over it automatically goes to this folder.

In case I want to move it to a different folder per project either I will change it in the preference each time per project, or the easier option is to have the ability to choose where to save it and rename it each time I finish recording. This is faster in my opinion.

Regarding having the checkbox that I can select not to reimport each recording I do, that will allow me to move the file even when I am still working on HitFilm without the necessity to delete it from the project (because I can't move it when HitFilm is open) then move it wherever I want.

It is similar to export frame feature, it gives more accessibility this way.

Thanks for your reply!!