Is there a way to automate the removal of green screen background?

CharlesLewis
CharlesLewis Website User Posts: 2 Just Starting Out
edited August 17 in General

We have been removing green screen manually for several years and it is working great, but every registration we have a huge backlog of people waiting in line so it would be nice if we could automate the process. Is there a service that we could send the picture to that would send it back to us with green screen removed?

Tagged:

Answers

• Stargazer54
    Stargazer54 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,338 Ambassador

@CharlesLewis Not sure I understand the question. Please respond in more detail on how this relates to what you are doing in HitFilm.

• AxelWilkinson
    AxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,252 Staff

Both Imerge Pro and PhotoKey Pro offer fully automated workflows for green screen removal. If you set up a tethered camera, then you can have every image you shoot automatically imported, processed, and exported.

• CharlesLewis
    CharlesLewis Website User Posts: 2 Just Starting Out

Thank you for your reply! We have PhotoKey Pro 8 and we have a tethered camera, but when I submitted the same question to support, this was their response:

"While there is not a way to automate the background removal process, you can use the batch export process to perform the export action on multiple photos at once.

The keying process cannot be automated as each image to be keyed is unique, and thus the settings need to be manually applied and adjusted."

Can you point me in the right direction for having every image we shoot automatically imported, processed and exported?