First movie premier

ScottyBros
ScottyBros Website User Posts: 35 Enthusiast

My family has been using Hitfilm for the last 4 years to create just 1 movie. Star Wars - Flight of the Renegade. It has been our number one tool. Thank you FXhome for a great product.

Our feature length movie premiers Saturday, August 21st at the State Theater in Auburn California and you are cordially invited.

Please enjoy and share our trailer and poster

Comments

• FilmSensei
    FilmSensei Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,067 Ambassador

Gotta say, this looks pretty amazing!

• tddavis
    tddavis Moderator, Website User Posts: 5,019 Moderator

I agree! The poster is awesome.

• iamkhanproductions
    iamkhanproductions Website User Posts: 392 Enthusiast

great work! Love it!

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,824 Ambassador

The love in every frame, the complexity and execution of the visuals, the sheer joy of a family project - I teared up watching the trailer, and I'm still crying as I type this.

Truly incredible work. Congratulations.

I hope the screening goes smoothly. There's nothing like seeing your work 50 feet wide.

You really, REALLY need to send your trailer off to [email protected] so @philipwesson can pass this on to @KirstieT and @OliThompson, because I can think of no other project more deserving of being featured in the monthly FXhome newsletter.

@IamJoshuaDavies famously started FXhome after writing code so his buddy could get on with finishing lightsabers for a Star Wars fan film, y'know, so, Josh... Look what you and your team helped make possible!

@WedgeOz, you have some competition coming as "most ambitious Hitfilm filmmaker" I can think of.

• KirstieT
    KirstieT Staff Administrator, Moderator, Website User, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,085 Staff

The amount of time and the incredible passion that's gone into this trailer and the poster is amazing! Oh my gosh, there were some fantastic scenes in there.

Please, please tell us when we can watch this online, I would love to watch it. Congratulations so much on your screening - as @Triem23 said, I can't imagine how amazing it would be to see your film on screen.

Well done, well done, well done @ScottyBros

• cianoh
    cianoh Website User Posts: 22 Just Starting Out*

That looks so cool!!!!! As a big star wars nerd I love this stuff!!!

Bravo and best of luck with the premier @ScottyBros

• ScottyBros

Thankyou @Triem23! Such wonderful praise on just the trailer. The movie is just over an hour long and we have saved the best looking stuff for that. Made in chronological order, the beginning is pretty crude and done with Hitfilm Express but by the end, we had upgraded to Pro and quite proud of our final shots. All but 2 of the shots contain compositing and multiple special effects. Many shots contain 20+ elements. We didn't go back and update any of the early movie as we wanted to see the progression of learning film making from scratch.

The experience has been very fun and extremely rewarding. Especially during covid as the lockdown kept us all home (our studio) and the project brought us all closer together as a team in ways that I never thought possible.

And a special thanks to 💚 @KirstieT for patiently answering all of our dumb questions years ago and a BIG THANKS to the FX team who consistently post excellent tutorials. We could have done it without you, but it would have looked like crap! If you guys would like to use any of it for promotional purposes, please feel free.

You can check out a lot of our behind the scenes stuff here: https://www.instagram.com/toddmscott/ And I will post a link to the full movie the day after the premier. Wish you all could come!

-Ian, Lucas, Cameron & dad

• Stargazer54
    Stargazer54 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,268 Ambassador

Awesome work! Good luck with the premiere.

• ellis_is_great
    ellis_is_great Website User Posts: 43 Enthusiast

I found your yotube channel a while back, watched the short film and was wondering if there would be a part 2. I really enjoyed it. Very cool that you will be premiering the full movie in a real theater!

• ScottyBros

Thanks everyone! I'll put a Youtube unlisted link here tomorrow so you all can see it first.

• FilmSensei
    FilmSensei Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,067 Ambassador

@ScottyBros Ooh... really? Wow, that would be awesome!

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,824 Ambassador
  • Andy001z
    Andy001z Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,113 Ambassador

Really solid job, looks great. My only worry is that Disney will come after you for the music rights.

I love the speeder bike shot, and the Kilo Wren (not sure how that is spelt) shots looks really dark and cool.

• FilmSensei
  • ScottyBros

Thanks Andy we actually got permission from Lucasfilm for the premier event. They were super cool and said not to worry about Disney as they don't ever go after kids who aren't making any money. They also said it got "rave reviews around the office" and they were going to send us "some goodies". I hope they like the full movie as much...

• ScottyBros
    edited August 23

Here it is! Again, thanks [email protected]! We'd love to hear your thoughts on it.

• DafterThings
    DafterThings Website User Posts: 973 Enthusiast

Will have to sit down and watch this properly later but a quick skim and it looks so good. VFX, sound etc but the acting is superb.

It takes about 10 mins for my 5 min videos to get uploaded in HD. Too lazy to do the maths but yours WILL take a while.

• DavidLamarre
    DavidLamarre Website User Posts: 39 Enthusiast

This is AMAZING. The force is certainly strong in your family!

• ScottyBros
    edited September 13

Just got word from someone at Lucasfilm that this has circulated through the office and they LOVE it! "We would like to send you guys some gifts for such a great movie."

SUCH satisfaction!

• Triem23

That's pretty awesome.

Almost as awesome as the actual film! Soooo good.