Avengers 2: Age of Ultron

MichaelJames
MichaelJames Website User Posts: 2,038 Enthusiast

Comments

• MichaelJames

@Simon... some Avengers 2 effects tutorials would be a great way to draw in some attention.  Looking at scarlet witch's ability, having something that blends in well but is clearly fake would be nice.  Quicksilver's power?  Not just the speed but the ripples.  The jet dropping off black widow... Simulating  super strength... Just saying ;)

• SimonKJones
    SimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast

Yep, you can bet I'll be examining the trailers with a fine toothcomb to see what we can pull out of it in terms of tutorial inspiration. :)

As for the trailer - it definitely looks like an Avengers film! Marvel seem to know what they're doing and I've no reason to think this won't hugely entertain me like pretty much everything else they've done.

• MichaelJames

At first i saw that first 10 seconds and thought i was watching a fake spoof trailer for some reason.  It was posted on Wesson's fb.

• StaffOnly
    StaffOnly Website User Posts: 78 Just Starting Out
    edited October 2014

Spader is amazing in this trailer as Ultron! 

This looks quite dark for a Marvel film. I'm wondering what will happen to Stark. He is to blame for every death in the movie since he built Ultron. Somehow seeing the trailer I can't help but dread the guilt and humiliation he's in for. After what happened in Cap 2 and Thor 2 the thing that finally bings all of them together is Stark losing control of an invention. Puts into perspective how colossal that f up was. If going through the portal in The Avengers gave him ptsd, what will causing all the damage in Avengers 2 do? If I were him I would just quit altogether.

Also, are they just playing with us, or are they killing Cap? 

• RodyPolis
    RodyPolis Website User Posts: 613

Holy crap! StaffOnly, is that really you?

• NullUnit
    NullUnit Website User Posts: 791 Just Starting Out

Oh man, when I first heard that James Spader was going to be Ultron I was really hoping that Ultron would be based on Robert California, and this trailer did not dissapoint.

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,956 Ambassador

So, from the trailer, I see the plot of the film is Ultron causing Tony and Banner to fight... 

Looks good, but it's a Marvel movie and this is 2014--of course it LOOKS good. Plot spine is solid. Hopefully there's some good emotion in it, as, bluntly, having re-watched Avengers recently, it's really not very good. The whole emotional core of that film is the death of Coulson--until they "Search for Spock'd" that plotline. 

• SimonKJones

I dunno, there's also Stark coming to terms with not being the most important person in the room, and having to properly put his life on the line.

One thing I'm liking about the Ultron storyline (as it's currently appearing) is that it actually shines a new light on all the previous Avengers and Iron Man films. All of Stark's tech, especially the seemingly character-defeating automated stuff in Iron Man 3, and Stark's general arrogance throughout the series, suddenly resonates in a completely different way.

Assuming they pull it off, obv.

• MichaelJames

Well watch the trailer... Thor grabs Tony by the throat and lifts him up.  So clearly people are not pleased with Tony.  You also see Black Widow doing a hand thing with the hulk which shows that maybe her and bruce have a thing.

• StaffOnly
    StaffOnly Website User Posts: 78 Just Starting Out

RodyPolis: Yes! I am the same Staff Only that posted on Fxhome. :) 

SimonKJones: If they pull that off well, it would really elevate Iron Man 3 as well. Fingers crossed. 

• MichaelJames

Next extended trailer.  Mostly the same footage but a couple little tidbits in the beginning.  

Look at that lens dirt at the final logo at the end

• SimonKJones

LENS DIRT.

I actually preferred the original trailer. All the extra stuff in this one is cool, but the original trailer had a better pacing and flow, I think.

• ESPictures
    ESPictures Website User Posts: 533 Just Starting Out
    edited November 2014

I think Joss Whedon described this as being the "Empire Strikes Back" of the Avengers storylines. Luke got arrogant, thought he was ready before he actually was, and ultimately failed in his faceoff against Vader and lost Han Solo to the bounty hunter. And this movie is Stark being arrogant, thinking that he's solved the problem of how to defend the Earth and then the Avengers come together and ultimately fail, with some sort of pyrrhic victory in the end. Which of course will lead into Captain America 3 - Civil War.

I would be very surprised if Whedon screws this movie up.