Hitfilm express crashes on start

extremepro999
extremepro999 Website User Posts: 3 Just Starting Out*

I just installed hitfilm express I activated it and it told me to restart the app, I did and when I open it it just crashes for some reason. I don't have much experience so if you could give step by step instructions to fix it I would appreciate you very much.

Cheers

Comments

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,935 Ambassador

First we'll start with your system specs - CPU, GPU, OS, RAM and Storage.

Unfortunately the #1 cause of Hitfilm crashing on startup is the computer being under minimum specs for the software.

#2 cause of crash on startup is obsolete GPU drivers. Here's a FAQ on updating those.

Is the computer Dell or Alienware?

There's a small possibility whatever anti-virus software you have is crashing the software. The major options - McAfee, Norton - don't have this issue, but it's something to look at after you post your specs.

• extremepro999

cpu: intel i5 10th gen

gpu: intel r uhd graphics

ram: 8gb

storage: 1tb

and my pc is hp

• extremepro999

no my pc specs are good for hitfilm

tried with my antivirus off still same result

and my pc is hp

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,935 Ambassador
    edited August 8

"My PC specs are good for Hitfilm" is NOT an answer to the question.

You didn't state if you made certain your GPU drivers were current.

This is a user-based forum, and Moderators and Ambassadors don't work for FXhome. We are volunteers. If you don't answer the questions asked, how do you expect us to help you?

• cluelessnube
    cluelessnube Website User Posts: 520 Enthusiast

Triem knows his stuff. It would be wise to listen. He can be very helpful about very many things, so it would be smart to encourage him to do so.

I'd suggest trying an older version of Hitfilm Express as a place to start. Unless you are an expert level user, even the oldest versions may be entirely useful for you. They are for me. In any case, even the oldest versions can be useful in helping you learn the basics of the software.

If you will give Triem the additional info he requests he can give you a good idea of which version of Hitfilm is the most appropriate for your situation.

I struggled with Hitfilm in the beginning too. I'm very glad I stuck with it.