Hitfilm for students

Qwertzuiopü20
Qwertzuiopü20 Website User Posts: 38 Just Starting Out*

Hey Everyone,

Is there any way to get hitfilm and Imerge cheaper for students? Would be cool to have offers for schools and teachers too!

Best Answers

• georgefilmltd
    georgefilmltd Website User Posts: 481 Enthusiast
    Accepted Answer

While it could happen, no not right now, I would wait until a sale comes up (Black Friday, Christmas, ETC)

• tddavis
    tddavis Moderator, Website User Posts: 5,063 Moderator
    Accepted Answer

@Qwertzuiopü20 Given past practices, it is almost a sure thing that there will be a "Black Friday" somewhere around the end of November. Now, in the past, FxHome has had sales coinciding with seasons like the recent Spring sale, but I would expect a fall sale to be the one I mentioned in November, but I could be totally wrong in that guess. Hope that helps a little.

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,969 Ambassador
    Accepted Answer

There are typically about three or four sales per year. You just missed the July 4th sale. There MIGHT be a Labor Day sale at the beginning of Sept. There WILL be a Black Friday sale in November.

Answers

• Qwertzuiopü20

@georgefilmltd do you or anyone else know when the next sale will be

• cluelessnube
    cluelessnube Website User Posts: 520 Enthusiast

Well, maybe never mind about waiting for a sale. Hitfilm Express is free, very useful, and available right now, every day of the year. You can donate a little thank you cash if you want, but that is optional.

I've been using Hitfilm 4 Express, a very old version of Hitfilm Express, for a couple years now. It's extremely useful, I've made many videos with it. Point being, that's the worst case scenario, and it works great.

If you're not interested in using the free version now, that could be evidence you're not actually all that interested in video. If true, that's useful information that might save you a lot of time.

• Andy001z
    Andy001z Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,134 Ambassador

I know from previous comments but Fxhome staff they are always keen to have Hitfilm exposed to as many as possible. I think they have some sort education program, tag @KirstieT

• Qwertzuiopü20
    edited August 4

@cluelessnube I don't quite get your point im a student and I make my money with Photography and Videos (not Professional) I need an upgrade to my old photo editing software, I don't understand why I should invest more money in express🤷‍♂️ I earn the money to make a short film with my friends. So I'm buying Imerge this or that way and I would buy some express addons for the short film. Why not buy both cheaper together?

• cluelessnube
  • Qwertzuiopü20

@cluelessnube I don't think you understand what im trying to say I'm using Hitfilm for over a year now in this year I've learned a lot I've grinded tutorials and whatched a lot of masterclasses, I even edited some commercials and now you are telling me it's free? I know express is free that's why I started with it but as I went on and earned more money I needed more features so I bought the VFX artist pack like half a year ago. Now I'm planning to make a shortfilm and I need Blender models, a lot of colourgrading features (even if I have my own luts), I need the particle simulator, I need the Boris tracker, the text would be nice but I don't need that, we are filming on a cheap camera so the 3D repair kit would be nice, the audio editing features and so on that would cost me way more if I buy everything separately and not buy Hitfilm Pro. I'm thankful for your answer and that you took your time but I know Hitfilm express is free, just want Hitfilm Pro and because I'm still studying but I can afford it I would just rather invest the money in costumes and better equipment and what I'm trying to say is I need imerge and if I buy the 2 Programms in a bundle a can save money and if I wait for a sale I can save even more money.

Thanks for your time😂😉

• Qwertzuiopü20

@Andy001z I don't quite get it as I mentioned in my previous comment I know how to use Hitfilm and I've used it for over a year now but I seriously want to upgrade to pro🤔

• georgefilmltd

@Qwertzuiopü20 Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you are thinking of buying both Imerge AND Pro, right?

Imerge is a software that puts Hitfilm addons into After effects, final cut pro, and other softwares,

it does not work with Hitfilm Pro, so getting both software would just be wasting money.

• Qwertzuiopü20

@georgefilmltd thanks for your attention but Ignite is the Add-on that puts Hitfilm features in other programs Imerge is the Image editing software😂😉

• georgefilmltd

Oh @Qwertzuiopü20 I'm so sorry I got those mixed up 😂😂!

• cluelessnube

@Qwertzuiopü20 - You're right, I didn't understand what you were trying to say. Sorry about that. Your additional posts have cleared the matter up. Good luck!

• Qwertzuiopü20

@cluelessnube No Problem happens to the best of us😉