White screen crash when opening Hitfilm?

whisperrockgamer
whisperrockgamer Website User Posts: 3 Just Starting Out*

Hi all, I recently switched to a new PC and thus had to reinstall Hitfilm express on it for my new editing.

Everything worked fine up until I connected a second monitor to my first. Ever since, it would always crash when I tried to open Hitfilm. There would just be a white screen (completely white, no top bar) and if I clicked anything, it would just say that it wasn't responding. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, no luck.

I read some other community support pages and did find a workaround though, and that was to turn off my second monitor, open Hitfilm, and then turn it back on. It appears to launch fine that way, on a single monitor. But that's a pain to do every time though...

Is there a specific reason it crashes when I have two monitors connected? I was just wondering if it would be possible to not have to turn off my second monitor every time I wanted to use it.

Thanks to anyone in advance!

Comments

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,935 Ambassador

It's a bug that only seems to affect certain hardware and is proving hard to squish. For example, it doesn't affect either of my laptops with my XP-Pen 13 display tablet.

• TheBenNorris
    TheBenNorris Staff Administrator, Website User, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,009 Staff

@whisperrockgamer could you please contact our support team directly so they can look into this for you? We are currently gathering as much information as we can about crashes like this to help us locate the cause and best solution, thank you.

www.fxhome.com/ask