Imerge Pro Plugins?

Qwertzuiopü20
Qwertzuiopü20 Website User Posts: 38 Just Starting Out*

Hey everyone,

Is Imerge as like Hitfilm Pro and supports OFX Plugins or does it support any other formats or is it not possible to have plugins in general?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,969 Ambassador
    Accepted Answer

There are no third party plug ins that work with Imerge

Answers

• triforcefx
    triforcefx United StatesModerator, Website User Posts: 1,271 Moderator

From my understanding, OFX is a standard for video editing, not so much image editing.

Either way, there’s no real universal plugin format for image editors, so Imerge doesn’t have any “expansion” options.

Try the demo (non-activated version) and see if you like it. Other than the watermark, it should behave pretty much the same as the full version (In contrast to the HitFilm Pro demo which unfortunately has a few features disabled- mostly due to licensing issues).

• Qwertzuiopü20

@triforcefx I've already tried Imerge as I already mentioned in some other discussions I'm thinking about getting the full version of Hitfilm Pro and Imerge Pro I'm not 100% sure though and it's important to know that I can't use Optics for example (imerge isnt mentioned in the compatible list it's just am example)

• triforcefx
    triforcefx United StatesModerator, Website User Posts: 1,271 Moderator

Yeah… when it comes to plug-ins for image editors, they are usually program or company specific. Optics for example, is only available for Adobe products (or stand alone). There’s other plugins that are only available for GIMP. Or another image editor.

Hopefully, Imerge will eventually create its own plugin API… or implement a potential “universal” API if one becomes widespread in the future.

• Qwertzuiopü20

@triforcefx yeah that would be pretty nice! I mean it would be amazing to have support for optics and other plugins.