How to get puppet tool

GFXLife
GFXLife Posts: 3 Just Starting Out*

Which package I need to pay for puppet tool?

Comments

• tddavis
    tddavis Posts: 5,096 Moderator

@GFXLife From this page here (https://fxhome.com/store/hitfilm-express#motion-puppet) it looks like it is in its own separate package. Of course as a Pro user, to me the most cost effective way would be to switch to Pro and get all the effects and Pro-only features. 😊 Hope this helps point you where you need to go.

• GFXLife
    I am not a production studio hence even for a $99 product I need preparation for 30 to 60 days.

Pro is what I want but price tag is discouraging me.

It is not the news what I want to read but Yes this helped me.
  • tddavis

@GFXLife I am confused...outbof curiosity, where do you see $99 dollars? I'm seeing $24.99

• GFXLife

Explanation:

$99 can be any product.

Hitfilm Pro is more than $99

I can afford $24.99 (i will get only 1 product, (hence I am currently considering is Hitfilm Express and this puppet tool is enough for me or will I really use Hitfilm Express? Specially when I already purchased several full ultimate versions video editors. (Obviously I expend more than what Hitfilm pro cost but not all at once.)

Or (I am puzzled) should I go for Hitfilm Pro after wait for few months?

• tddavis

@GFXLife Ah, I see now. If you get serious about Pro always remember that FxHome usually in the past has some sales (One was rather recent) so it will fall most likely before another, but that will also depend on how the new merger affects the past policies. Myself, in 2013 I finally got a 64 bit system that could run Hitfilm Express 3 and quickly saw that I would, at some point, want to do too many things to get add-ons and went Pro 4 a few months later been Pro ever since. At that time Express could not import models only Pro and I knew I wanted to do that. Somewhere on here is a list of Pro only features that might help you decide, like me. if it works for you.

• assensy
    assensy Posts: 6 Just Starting Out*

I bought it when there was a discount and I'm sorry about that. It is almost unusable. I have the feeling that it was not finished and left like that. There are many shortcomings and developers are not doing anything to improve it.

• TheBenNorris
    TheBenNorris Posts: 2,033 Staff

@assensy I'm not familiar with this tool myself, but if there is something particularly wrong about it please do let us know by contacting our support team at www.fxhome.com/ask, and I will be sure to bring this up internally as well.