Curved Image

Dimipapa
Dimipapa Website User Posts: 378 Enthusiast

So if you use spherical warp with an image with a transparent background turn off the reflects you have a nice curve to it. It appears to be 3d. I would like to rotate with x y z axis but i cant seem to do so, I can manipulate the position somewhat with shift x y and rotate but is there a trick for full 3d rotation?

Comments

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,578 Ambassador

I'll take a look next time I'm on my PC, but I'm thinking not.

Could you try the Sphere filter rather than the Spherical Warp? You might need to embed the source image in a Comp so you can add some extra padding around the image to get a result more like Spherical Warp (i.e. Stick a 1920x1080 image in something like a 2560x1440 comp), but then you would be able to rotate a full 360° xyz.

• Dimipapa
    Dimipapa Website User Posts: 378 Enthusiast

Is sphere filter the new name for the sphere effect? Don't think it will work. But I dunno.

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,578 Ambassador

Sorry, I HATE the term "effect" in this context. While something like "Generate>Sphere" could be considered an "effect," (because it does one thing, things like Curves, Levels Histogram, Exposure Pro, Brightness/Contrast, Color Wheels, Contrast and Gamma are filters.

An "effect" would be "I want to make my video look overexposed." Well, Curves, Levels Histogram, Exposure Pro, Brightness/Contrast, Color Wheels, Contrast and Gamma are all FILTERS that can create the EFFECT of overexposure.

It's a semantics thing.

Anyway, yeah, "sphere effect."