Freelance jobs community

mabdelbary
mabdelbary Posts: 162 Enthusiast

Hi everyone,

I have an idea for having freelance jobs through the FXhome community members.

There could be a section in the community support where members can add their work, thus, other community members who are seeking for assistance in their work can choose from these candidates and build a network where FXhome community members can work together using the same software.

They can also communicate together by sharing these connections and do bigger projects through forming teams from the same community member.

It could be TV shows, commercials, tutorials, YouTube channels, or any job that could be done with HitFilm for example.

What do you think about that?

Comments

• cluelessnube
    cluelessnube Posts: 515 Enthusiast

Seems like a good idea here. Anything that helps users make money with their FXhome software would seem to be in service to all concerned.

• mabdelbary

I agree, it will grow the area of using the software in the market and we may take parts in big jobs as community members, which will help all of us. 👍️

We would like to discuss how this could be applied.

• cluelessnube
    cluelessnube Posts: 515 Enthusiast

Back in the nineties I ran an emailed newsletter hosting service. Like today's Mailchimp for example, you paid a monthly fee and I delivered your newsletter to your subscribers.

The turning point came when I became an ad agency and started selling ad space in the newsletters for my clients. So what had been an expense for my clients then became an income stream. As you might imagine, this was a popular feature both with my clients, and also with a larger company who then bought me out.

Point being, to the degree that FXhome can help it's users earn income with FXhome software interest in the company's offering should receive a nice boost. A new website dedicated to this specific project might be a good idea. I say this because there is already a TON of info in FXhome's YouTube channel, and if this project was dumped in to that pile the "make money with Hitfilm" pitch would tend to get lost.

• mabdelbary

@cluelessnube very good points!!👍️

I see how the turning point came when you started the ad agency.

I agree that FXhome should think of a similar strategy to connect freelancers (from the FXhome community members) with clients and do their clients work through FXhome software. That could be a turning point as well for FXhome and their community since there is a lot of work in the market but needs coordination and connections.

Many members of the community are capable of delivering the desired quality for clients, however, they need the right connections and approach to do small jobs or being a complete team of a bigger job like a advertisements for a big companies, movies or TV shows for example.

The options are limitless, however, this strategy will add value to everyone to show that FXhome is not just a software, FXhome is a software company and a team of people who can get the job done.

I hope we can move this idea forward so it can succeed.

Thanks!!

• triforcefx
    triforcefx United StatesPosts: 1,641 Moderator

A few days ago, I would’ve said “Great idea, but there’s a lot of legal considerations for something like that which might deter FXhome from trying (especially with the way labor and privacy laws are in Europe). It would also require a few extra resources to put something like that together, which may not be available.”

However, the Artlist acquisition opens up a lot of new possibilities in this respect… Artlist services let creators use their talents to make money by creating royalty free music, stock footage, etc. It would be interesting to see if an artistic freelancing platform is something they’d be willing to look into.

• mabdelbary

@triforcefx Thanks for your feedback, could you please give further details about how to proceed with the Artlist services or how this could work in general?

• triforcefx
    triforcefx United StatesPosts: 1,641 Moderator

Note: As a moderator, I just take care of spam. The information that’s publicly available about the merger is about the extent of my knowledge.

The Artlist acquisition gives FXhome a number of extra resources to more fully develop the ideas that made this community so great… it will be exciting to see what’s ahead

• mabdelbary

@triforcefx Thanks for your help anyway!!

I will check on the website 👍️

• FilmSensei
    FilmSensei Posts: 3,153 Expert

Artlist has an extensive "Become an Artist" community...

I don't think it is unreasonable to assume that they will at some point open up the same kind of thing for people who might be interested in making HitFilm templates for Motion Graphics and other Effects.

• mabdelbary

@FilmSensei Thanks for your feedback!!