Helicopter Animation

Hello all!

I've found HitFilm's tutorials to be extremely helpful! However, I am currently trying to animate a helicopter (I already know how to import a helicopter model and light it). I'd like to learn basic information such as how to move the helicopter around the screen in my movie, and how to animate the rotar blades and such. Is there a tutorial on this?

Thanks so much for the help!
Tony

Comments

• KirstieT
    KirstieT Posts: 1,086 Staff
    edited October 2014

Glad you find the HitFilm tutorials helpful :)
    You've already said you know how to import a 3D model and light it, so I assume you've already seen this one: 

This tutorial is also great for showing you how to select groups for animation, applying textures and self-shadowing, if you haven't already seen it: 

Animating the rotor blades is essentially a case of using keyframes, so you can control their position from frame to frame. This forum post should be really helpful for you: http://hitfilm.com/forum/discussion/3590

Similarly with moving the helicopter around your movie, you'd use keyframes for that as well. If you haven't already watched the tutorial we have on keyframes, I'd recommend also giving that a watch. 

Hope this helps! :)

• Hi Kirstie! Awesome, thank you so much for the help, I sincerely appreciate it! :) I will check out those forum posts and possibly check out that tutorial on keyframes - thanks again!
    Tony

• KirstieT
    KirstieT Posts: 1,086 Staff

No problem :) Have fun animating it!