edited July 2021 in HitFilm
I can install the software smoothly
But i can't open the software
I don't know what went wrong

Tagged:

Comments

• triforcefx
    triforcefx United StatesPosts: 1,573 Moderator

It looks like your hardware should be able to run HitFilm.

Unfortunately, MacOS Big Sur is not fully supported by HitFilm yet. Apple made some changes in Big Sur that appear to cause issues for some HitFilm users.

It could be an issue with the installer file you downloaded. Try downloading HitFilm with a different web browser and reinstall HitFilm with the new install file.

There is also a small possibility that HitFilm is having issues because your computer is set to use the Chinese language, which HitFilm does not support.

-

Note for other forum users:

The Error pictured is a pretty generic "HitFilm closed unexpectedly. Tap Reopen to try opening the app again. Tap Report to send the information to Apple"

• cluelessnube
    cluelessnube Posts: 522 Enthusiast

Solutions:

1) Don't update OSX unless you have a specific compelling reason to do so. If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it. New and free isn't a good enough reason to update OSX.

2) If you're going to update OSX, copy your entire setup to a 2nd drive using a program like SuperDuper, and then test out the new system on the 2nd drive before making any changes to your existing setup. Always make backups of your existing setup before updating OSX.

3) Don't buy a new Mac unless you have a specific compelling reason to do so. Hitfilm 12.3 seems to run great on a ten year old Mac (thanks Triem).

If I had a dime for every post I've read from someone having issues with a new version of OSX I could buy the entire FXhome company, move the offices to beach front property in Maui, and boost everyone's salary times ten. Then I would hire Jennifer Anniston and Diane Lane to supervise the lads and keep everyone in line.