Hitfilm is using full color range in the trimmer and partial colors in the timeline

albert_f
albert_f Posts: 6 Just Starting Out*

I saw the colors changing while editing but I said that is just an editing glitch and everything will be fine once I export. Well.... it's not....

Does anyone know what I can do to fix this?

Tagged:

Comments

• Stargazer54
    Stargazer54 Posts: 3,794 Ambassador
    edited July 2021

@albert_f Not sure I see your issue from the screen grab. Do you mean your video is glitching while playing on the editor timeline? Help us narrow down a few things.

Please list your system specs. Also make sure your drivers are updated from the manufacturer (especially GPU). In other words, if you have a NVidia gpu get the driver from NVidia and not windows updates (which can actually downgrade your driver).

Also, more information about your mp4 file - where did it come from? etc. Could be you'll need to transcode it to clear up the glitch. I assume you don't see the glitch when just playing the file outside of HF?

[Edit] Another thing to check is your Playback Quality setting.

Check that you don't have that set to Quick or Fastest.

• albert_f

in simple words, the colors are extremely washed out This thing happens after editing for a few seconds inside the timeline, the video is fine when playing it using the trimmer. The washed out colors are present even when exporting.

As for specs:

CPU: i5 4590 (stock clocks)

GPU: Intel HD4600 (all I have for now)

RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz ram in single channel

Storage: WD Green

Also I have tested different videos that came from a DSLR camera and this issue is still present. The footage was edited on a different computer with different specs and everything worked fine.

And yes, my drivers are up to date.

• triforcefx
    triforcefx United StatesPosts: 1,573 Moderator

It should be noted that your system is below the current minimum specs, particularly your Intel HD 4600. This may account for the issue you're experiencing. HitFilm 12.3 was the most recent release to officially support your hardware. You may want to try using that earlier version to see if that fixes the issue.

Is it possible your source video is using a higher color bit depth than the default 8-bit? Perhaps using HDR or something like that?

• Stargazer54
    Stargazer54 Posts: 3,794 Ambassador

As @triforcefx says, you are under spec with that system. Minimum specs required are listed here:

• albert_f

Update

I installed older drivers ( from 2015) and now everything works as intended