The border of the Font is weird

litexx
litexx Website User Posts: 1 Just Starting Out

I discovered how to add a custom font in Hitfilm Express but there was a catch.

I don't know what to do please help

Comments

• tddavis
    tddavis Moderator, Website User Posts: 4,877 Moderator
    edited July 7

@litexx Short of finding a free font maker program and doing 'surgery' on that particular font (it looks like errors I have seen with Blender and fonts where extraneous points get added when converting to mesh and such) there really isn't anything that Hitfilm can do to fix it that I am aware about. Some fonts just do not import properly because of the way they were made or converted. You would be better served trying to locate a similar font that does, I think. Sorry I cannot be of more help.

• Dimipapa
    Dimipapa Website User Posts: 377 Enthusiast

Hey, it appears you are using the outline option in the text controls. Some fonts don't play nice with that outline. I talk about it in this post.

The easiest way to create an outline without the text tool option is with outer glow, but you don't have that in express. I believe you have neon glow there and you can do something similar with that by bringing the radius to zero to take away the blur and bring the intensity all the way up. Now you want to duplicate the text and have the top layer layer disable the glow effect. In the bottom layer set the expansion to however big you want the outline to be.