Mock Opening Credits for DnD Stream

Radionotme
Radionotme Website User Posts: 14 Just Starting Out*

Been playing about animating signatures following an old tutorial, then combined it with some other things I've been looking at to make this mock intro for a DnD game.

I think the hardest/most untidy bit is the dice - the only 'real', non-CGI part of the video. Probably need to re-record it on a better background with a higher frame rate, 120fps as opposed to 60.

Any feedback appreciated!

https://youtu.be/bMx_IYzGgvI

Comments

• Radionotme

Overhauled the whole thing.

Different music; replaced the fiery text effect for one based on the recent Black Widow Title tutorial; slowed down the spinning animation while adding a bit of background fog (from the Mortal Kombat electroball tutorial), and thickened the handwritten text for more pop.

• FilmSensei
    FilmSensei Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,976 Ambassador
  • Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,567 Ambassador

That'll get the group pumped up!

That handwriting looks like a lot of painful hand animation. Kudos on that.

My only nitpick is the color of your "AS" and "WITH" text. The pure white doesn't quite blend in with the rest of the text. Maybe dropping it from a pure 255 white down to about 220 will do it, otherwise, go for a color closest to the core of the handwriting.

• iamkhanproductions
    iamkhanproductions Website User Posts: 383 Enthusiast

very nice! well done!

• Radionotme

Thanks all, and that's a good shout on the As/With text, I think I was just lazy with those, as I didn't really know what to do with them.

Yep, definitely a lot of keyframe animation for the handwriting, but it was a relatively straightforward, almost relaxing task just to plug away at. The hard bit was dropping the hilt sizes on the light sword effect down for the lift of the pen. If you look closer, you can see that the pen moving across the text to create the t crosses and i dots, 'cuts' the already written text. No idea how to avoid that without ensuring the pointer avoids the text, which seems really cumbersome.

• Radionotme

Rejigged it with the colour suggestions, also changed the font and threw a diffuse on the words to make them stand out less (Demult, Tint and Diffuse are quickly becoming my favourite goto effects!).

Looks better, at least to me - thanks again.

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,567 Ambassador

👍👍👍😁