Adding Hitfilm effect to multiple clips on Sony Vegas Pro 12 timeline

Hi Hitfilm users,

I'm relatively new to Hitfilm as I was an AE user. However, having used Hitfilm for a few weeks I don't see myself ever going back as I can do almost everything I want in Hitfilm. I'm not knocking AE in any way but I just feel that Hitfilm has a less steep learning curve and some of the built-in effects are equally as effective as most third party AE plugins that cost hundreds of pounds. I use the Hitfilm software in conjunction with Sony Vegas Pro 12 and love the integration. I was, however, wondering if there was a way to add the same Hitfilm effect to multiple clips on the Vegas timeline without having to open each clip as a seperate Hitfilm project. Appologies if this question has already been posted and if so can you please direct me to the relevant discussion thread. Any help would be appreciated. If this is not possible does anyone know if this might be added to future version of Hitfilm.

Many thanks,

Mark.

Comments

• rgbii
    rgbii Posts: 965 Just Starting Out

Off the top of my head the easiest way would be to add the clips to a composite  in HF, put the composite in HF's editor, then drop the HF project into the Vegas timeline.  

Not exactly what you wanted, but the only thing that comes to mind.

Note, in the past I have tried adding a HF effect to a nested vegas project, but the .veg file is what gets passed to HF, which of course it didn't understand.

Richard.

•  Hi Richard,

Thanks for the reply. I'll give that a go and see if it does what I need.

Cheers,

Mark.