Installing problem FXMedia.dll not found

afattahi
afattahi Posts: 2 Just Starting Out

I am installing the HitfilmExpress on windows 10, By running "HitFilmExpress.exe", I face an error box which says.

HitFilmExpress.exe

The procedure entry point clReleaseDevice could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files\FXHOME\HitFilm Express\FXMedia.dll

Then again same error for Flux.dll and Tannen.dll

I try to uninstall and reinstall the app it didnot help.

The FXMedia.dll is located at C:\Program Files\FXHOME\HitFilm Express

Any help please !

Comments

• triforcefx
    triforcefx United StatesPosts: 1,425 Moderator

Usually these errors are seen when either

1. Your GPU drivers are out of date- use the NVIDIA/AMD/Intel driver update app to update your drivers. Note: Do NOT rely on Windows update… the drivers are usually much older than the most recent drivers you can get from the manufacturers.
    2. Your system is under minimum spec for HitFilm. Unfortunately, this is the most likely cause for your issues. Please list your system specs so we can confirm and give you further recommendations
  • TheBenNorris
    TheBenNorris Posts: 2,042 Staff

These are dlls we create and ship. I recommend attempting to download the installer via another browser and trying again, otherwise please contact our support team directly: www.fxhome.com/ask

• afattahi
    afattahi Posts: 2 Just Starting Out
    By using dependencies app at https://github.com/lucasg/Dependencies/

It reports that some dlls are missing. ex:

api-ms-win-core-winrt-string-l1-1-0.dll
    HvsiFileTrust.dll
    api-ms-win-core-wow64-l1-1-1.dll

Should I install/have any software before installing HitFilm Express ?!
  • tddavis
    tddavis Posts: 5,171 Expert
    edited June 2021

@afattahi No, nothing is needed prior to running the installer. As BenNorris indicates above with his comment to try redownloading, every once in a while different browsers can corrupt the installer for whatever reason, and trying to get it with a different one will bypass that corruption. Now, personally, I use Chrome for 99.9% of downloading with no issue, but I have had to switch to Edge once or twice.

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,511 Ambassador

@afattahi What are your system specs? CPU, GPU, OS, RAM and Storage?

As @TheBenNorris and others have said the needed DLLs should be in the installer. Sometimes the installer doesn't come through right, and a re-download takes care of it, but @triforcefx is correct in that the Tannen.dll error often correlates to a below spec GPU. We'll want to check your specs to make sure you'll be able to run the software.