Flattened HitFilm Logo

inScapeDigital
inScapeDigital Website User Posts: 715 Just Starting Out
edited October 2014 in General

With the release of OS X Yosemite, all of the stock app icons have been given a flatter look to match the iOS 8 update. I thought it would be interesting to see what the HitFilm logo would look like in it's simplistic form.  

Not trying to infringe copyright or anything, this was just for fun. 

HF

Comments

• MichaelJames
    MichaelJames Website User Posts: 2,038 Enthusiast

Lol why is the "im not intending on infrining on copyright" statement going around.  Im not critiquing you for saying it... Im just saying i've had a couple people this week act in a way that made it seem like saying that meant their follow up actions were ok.

• inScapeDigital
    inScapeDigital Website User Posts: 715 Just Starting Out

You're right. Kind of like saying "no offence, but..." I just wanted them to know I'm not trying to steal their logo or anything.

• SimonKJones
    SimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast

HOW DARE YOU--no, it's cool.

I always find it fascinating how design trends spread across companies and countries. From the bubbley look to flattened, with everybody simultaneously jumping on board. It's like there's some kind of overarching design god pulling everybody's strings.

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,987 Ambassador

It's the same "HOLY CRAP THAT WORKED FOR *X*, THEREFORE WE MUST DO THE EXACT SAME THING." That drives TV show and movie trends....

• KirstieT
    KirstieT Staff Administrator, Moderator, Website User Posts: 1,069 Staff

Simply a more adult, professional version of peer pressure and anxiety in my opinion. @Triem23's right - things are so flexible and transitory nowadays, if anything is proven to work, people will flock to it. 

My favourite quote from Bo Burnham (weird comedian) in his song "Repeat Stuff" (talking about overused themes in music videos as marketing ploys) is
    "We know it's not right, we know it's not funny, but we'll stop beating this dead horse when it stops spitting out money....."

Pretty apt to apply in the case of anything copied, realy....

• SimonKJones

Aperture-based logos are pretty common generally, especially if you're operating in camera-related circles - although that one is remarkably similar to the HitFilm 2 logo!

The lady seems very pleased with it, at least.

• IamJoshuaDavies
    IamJoshuaDavies Staff Administrator Posts: 359 Staff

Maybe one of us is due a logo change!

• MichaelJames

So what logo is the hitfilm logo?  I remember the new one unvieled with hitfilm plugins, but this site still has the old one in play in the url bar and all over the place.

• MichaelJames

So there are 3 logos on the main website.    The top of the website has the classic logo, the preorder hitfilm 3 bar has the new logo and the bottom of the screen near the fxhome has the plugin's logo.  I guess it works, i mean hitfilm 3 has 3 logos ;)

• SimonKJones

It'll get more consistent once we launch HF3. :-) 

• AdrianDirector
    AdrianDirector Website User Posts: 10
    edited November 2014

Well i always personalize my apps with new logos, here is my version for HF3PRO