Not Letting Me Activate HitFilm Express

xdead360_
xdead360_ Posts: 3 Just Starting Out

So I followed the instructions, downloaded the installer and installed the program. However when I first ran the program it claimed it was activated, so I ignored it, however, the program still runs in demo mode and I get a watermark. Just note I never logged in or activated the program, yet it claims to already be activated and I was pre logged into my account. When I try to deactivate it, it just does nothing. I've reinstalled and looked all over for solutions but couldn't find any. Any help is appreciated

Comments

• Stargazer54
    Stargazer54 Posts: 3,740 Ambassador

Go to File, Activation and see if the windows are populated with your account info. It should day Licensed to: <your handle> (your email)

If that is there (along with the licensing information) make sure the email is the same one you gave when you downloaded the software. If everything is not correct, try deactivating and then re-activate with the correct email account.

• xdead360_
    So I went to ''File, settings, Activation'' just like you said and all I see is Hardware Id and that's greyed out. I think the main problem is that I cant deactivate the product even after countless reinstalls and account change it remains logged in and ''Activated''.
  • Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,511 Ambassador

Try fxhome.com/account. From there you can see if any computers are activated and force deactivation of the software. Then try reactivation again?

• xdead360_
    Already tried that sadly it shows up that I have no activated computers.
  • Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,511 Ambassador

You might need to contact Support. As users we've pretty much hit the end of our suggestion list.

• cluelessnube
    cluelessnube Posts: 521 Enthusiast

I'm having similar issues, explained in another thread. Ticket underway with support.

Here's my suggestion...

How about a writing contest? It seems the explanation of what the activation system is, why it is necessary, how it works, how to address problem etc, could use some improvement.

We could start a new thread where those in the know submit their explanations of the activation system. Then, the explanations could be proof read by other members, and tested against clueless nubes such as myself. If a final draft was proven stupid people compliant, FXhome might choose to put that explanation on the page within FXhome user accounts where activation options are presented.

If this effort was successful it would lift at least some burden off of support staff.