When i pay for hitfilm express can i use it for multiple devices?

davidcorsair
davidcorsair Posts: 13 Just Starting Out*
edited June 2021 in HitFilm

hi so i bought hitfilm express with a couple extension and i was wondering if i can use it on a diffrent device?

Comments

• FilmSensei
    FilmSensei Posts: 3,113 Expert

@davidcorsair According to the FAQ...

The answer is...

HitFilm Express

HitFilm Express may be activated on 1 computer at a time.

The software is not permanently ‘locked’ to an activated computer, so you can always de-activate and transfer the activation to a different computer if needed.

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,518 Ambassador

To build on what FilmSensei writes.

"Hitfilm can be activated on 1 computer at a time."

Activation is all about rendering. An inactivated Hitfilm renders with watermarks. If you install on two machines, you can edit on both, but only render on the activated machine.

Top left of the interface is the File drop down menu. From there you can select Options then look for the Activation tab. Here you can swap activations. You shouldn't need your actual serial number - you can use the email/password you used to download Hitfilm.

I wouldn't recommend getting two Express accounts - Express is tied to the email used to download, and you'd have to re-buy your add-ons for both accounts. That can add up quickly.

For the record, Pro has about 70 unique features and effects and Pro can activate on 3 machines.

• Stargazer54
    Stargazer54 Posts: 3,743 Ambassador

@Triem23 @FilmSensei I've seen multiple posts where the OP says they "bought" Express - which is, of course, FREE!

I wonder if the post title's on these should be edited to prevent further confusion? Kind of makes you wonder if people are actually plunking down the CC number on a nefarious site somewhere that is actually charging for free software?

@davidcorsair Can you tell us where you downloaded your copy of Express? I assume you meant you downloaded Express and then purchased add-ons?

• TheBenNorris
    TheBenNorris Posts: 2,042 Staff

@Stargazer54 I'm assuming they mean Pay What You Want, since you have to go through that page to reach the Express downloads.

• FilmSensei
    FilmSensei Posts: 3,113 Expert

@TheBenNorris That's what I thought also.

• tddavis
    tddavis Posts: 5,171 Expert

@Stargazer54 I assumed the PWYW was what they meant also, but, you know me, ever the hypervigilant one to look out for scams and conspiracies, your concern is very valid as well.

• davidcorsair
    davidcorsair Posts: 13 Just Starting Out*

ok thank you guys for all the responses❤