Piano sound

owolfgang
owolfgang Posts: 3 Just Starting Out

Hello,

I'm a new user of Hitfilm Express and really enjoy the software so far. I already successfully exported a first collection of clips. However, when I came back to the same project some time later, there were continual piano sounds on the audio track.

I know from the forum that this problem should be linked with either the activation of the software, or a non-installed audio effect. The problem is that neither applies in my case: the software is registered, and I did not apply any effects so far.

If anybody here might have an answer, that would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• triforcefx
    triforcefx United StatesPosts: 1,425 Moderator

Please check the top right corner of the HitFilm window. If there is a box that says Activate, your copy of HitFilm is no longer activated and will need to be reactivated by clicking that Activate button and signing back in.

Also be sure to check the effects on your clips… if any of them have a green Add-on icon next to them, they are paid effects that must be bought before they can be used.

• owolfgang
    Thank you for answering, but as I mentioned, the game is properly activated, and no effects were used. I also tried to de-activate the software and to renew the process, but no luck either...
  • tddavis
    tddavis Posts: 5,171 Expert

@owolfgang Just to be thorough, you did sign in when prompted to the program using the same email address that you used to create an account when you downloaded it, correct? Really, those are the only two reason for an Express to have watermark chime or logo; an activation issue or a paid addon used. Used to be there was Demo version of Pro that could be downloaded and the Pro only features could be played with, but it was always watermarked on export. I am not sure if that's a thing or not anymore, but might be worth checking that you version of 16 says Express and not Pro...unless you did purchase the Pro. Sorry, that's really all I can think of to add. You might need to contact official tech support so they can look at your account details to see what gives by raising a support ticket here:

Hope this helps a little.

• triforcefx
    triforcefx United StatesPosts: 1,425 Moderator

We have had multiple times where users thought they were activated, but they either failed to activate the product completely or the activation needed to be redone for whatever reason, so I was just making sure.

You could try uninstalling and reinstalling the program, but if that doesn’t work you’ll most likely need to contact support:

https://fxhome.com/questions/submit

• owolfgang
    Again, thanks for taking the time to reply. I did the things that you recommended, I guess I'll take it up with the official tech support.