Horizontal Scrolling Ticker Text

glassich
glassich Website User Posts: 5 Just Starting Out*

I figured out how to do horizontal scrolling text, using keyframes, but I want to be able to have the text disappear before the end of the screen. In the video below, the scrolling ends just before some other text, rather than ending off the screen. At the time I made this video, I had Premiere Pro & it was a simple thing to do. I'm just wondering if there's a way to get the same effect in HitFilm Express.

Comments

• Dimipapa
    Dimipapa Website User Posts: 360 Enthusiast

Are you saying you want it to keep scrolling past the divashop text and scroll off the left side of the screen? You should be able to do that simply by animating it's position as you appear to be doing in the video. Maybe I'm not understanding the question.

• tddavis
    tddavis Moderator, Website User Posts: 4,801 Moderator

@glassich I think what you want to do is create a mask box on the corner where you want the text to disappear...in the above case; the size of the logo text. You want this mask on the text layer and you can adjust the opacity and feather as you like to control the text disappearing either sudden or a fade out. Hope this helps you do what you want.

• Andy001z
    Andy001z Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,091 Ambassador

Or if done in the editor timeline and not a composite shot. Use the fade effect on the text layer, then extend the face to the point you want it to disappear. All done on the editor timeline. Just remember your test needs to be on a separate video layer it the whole video will fade.

• glassich

Actually, that makes the text disappear because the mask shows only what you want to see, not what you don't want to see. It's like cropping.

• glassich

I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean. How do I add a fade to the text layer itself?

• Andy001z
    Andy001z Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,091 Ambassador

Hi,

so actually now I am sat infront of Hitfilm and I see what you are doing, I think you might get the look you want from using the Behavoirs options in CONTROLS for the TEXT you have scrolling across the screen. If you hit the Green plus symbol then find FADE add it to the text and adjust the Conceal length to your liking (play with it to see its effect) it will fade after a percentage of time that your TEXT is on screen (this is shown in your Video layer for the text.

In my example it will fade to black when it gets to the point shown on the timeline.

Also you said the MASK option revaled not concealed, this is becuase you need to invert the mask so everything outside stays and that in the mask is hidden.

The little circle in the square box will invert it.

Good luck