Center the triangle mask?

Dimipapa
Dimipapa Website User Posts: 360 Enthusiast

It's not a big deal, surely I could find a centered triangle to use. But most of the masks even the polygons touch the top and bottom of the frame of the media if you select the media and double click on the mask tool. Certain polygons do not touch the bottom however making them difficult to center. The triangle being perhaps the biggest offender. So I thought I was clever moved the mask and eyeballed it touching the bottom of the frame (at 1920x1080) and the position seemed to be -270 figuring that sounded right I would think the center point should be -135, but its not, it kind of looks like it is but when you reduce the scale of the mask there is way more space at the top. And then you look at the anchor point of the mask and it's well below the center from the top most point of the triangle to the bottom most point. I guess I don't understand the logic here. Any staff have a clue?

Comments

• FilmSensei
    FilmSensei Moderator, Website User, Ambassador Posts: 2,945 Ambassador

@Dimipapa Adjust the Anchor Point of the Mask by 135 instead of the Position. This will center the mask on its own Position Point and Scaling will work beautifully.

• Dimipapa
    Dimipapa Website User Posts: 360 Enthusiast

perfect, that did the trick. I still wonder why they set it up this way though.

• FilmSensei
    FilmSensei Moderator, Website User, Ambassador Posts: 2,945 Ambassador

@Dimipapa You said it above... The Polygons are centered between top and bottom unless there aren't enough corners to get them to reach. The Star Mask is the same.

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,581 Ambassador

@Dimipapa I've talked to the devs about this, and it's basically like you said. Odd numbered polys - like the triangle or odd numbered star masks - don't "reach" all the edges, even though the mask is always generated from the center. Geometry is silly that way.