Why neon path wasn't included in Ignite Pro OFX VEGAS

nalmcruto
nalmcruto Posts: 64 Just Starting Out*

Neon path should be work with alpha channel, then why it wasn't included in Ignite Pro OFX?

Comments

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,416 Power User

Ignite plug ins are limited by abilities of the host. If you check the Ignite page you'll see no host actually supports all the Ignite effects.

Neon Path does NOT work on Alpha Channels (else in Hitfilm it would work on matted layers and it doesn't). Neon Path works directly on a mask path. For whatever reason the Vegas pipeline doesn't seem to support this.

Perhaps a dev could give further insight. I'll tag... I haven't tagged @CedricBonnier in a while...

• nalmcruto

Hello, Isn't it possible to generate paths at the edge of the alpha channel?  Doesn't the mask path actually generate an alpha channel?

• Triem23

Yes, the ask path generates an alpha channel, but, as far as I know Neon path works an the PATH data, NOT the Alpha Channel. Mods and Ambassadors don't work for FXhome and aren't devs for the software, so you'll need to wait for a Staff response for further information. However, in Hitfilm Neon Path can only be applied to a mask path or a text object (Which is creating mask paths on a plane), not to the edges of a still or video with Alpha - therefore, Neon Path isn't working on the Alpha Channel, but the literal, actual mask path data.

• nalmcruto
  • Triem23
    edited May 2021

Not in Hitfilm. Hitfilm text translates a vector font into pixels on a raster (pixel) plane via mask paths.

Other NLEs tend to keep text as vector objects before rendering.

You can actually see this for yourself. Create text media in Vegas and use Track Motion to scale up the track 400%. The text remains smooth. Create a text layer in Hitfilm and scale the layer up by 400%. You'll see the text pixelates. This proves text layer handling in Hitfilm is behaving as I describe - a pixel plane with the text as a mask path.