How can I shrink my size of videos without other compress tool?

fxhomer141332
fxhomer141332 Website User Posts: 1 Just Starting Out

Hello, I am a new user of Hitfilm Express.

I want to make some music videos with some static pictures. The audios are often over one hour or longer.

When I make them with pictures with the default Youtube 1080p preset( I want my videos are 1920x1080), the size of the files is over 3 GB or more.

I don't want the size of the videos is too big because they are just simple videos.

How could I do in this case? Thanks Guys

Answers

• wimverdouw
    wimverdouw Website User Posts: 10 Just Starting Out*

Hi Fxhomer141332,

When you choose to export your creation (via the queue), you have the option to change the preset in the queue. Default this preset is "Youtube 1080p HD", but you can change this to any option you want. If the available options are not enough for you, you can add your own preference via "Export options" (the three thin lines next to the "Start exporting" (play) button).

Is this what you are looking for?

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,836 Ambassador

Uncompressed 1920x1080 30fps video uses 1.2 gigabytes of data every 8 seconds.

There are 3600 seconds in an hour. A 3GB file for an hour long video would be 1.2 megabits per second your compression ratio for that is, literally 1000:1.

For reference a 1080p YouTube stream would be 8mbps, Netflix would be 12mbps and a Blu-ray would be 20mbps.

You are already getting fantastically small files. I'm sorry you feel they are too large, but those are the numbers.

If you want to shrink them more right click the YouTube export preset, select "Duplicate," then edit the duplicate. Turn down the max and target bitrates on the video tab.

Honestly, I don't know how much more compression you'll get. As I said, you are already compressing your video to 1/1000th or 0.1% of the uncompressed data. That's ridiculous. Also, since the YouTube preset is 16mbps Hitfilm is already encoding to 1/13th the data rate expected from the YouTube preset.